Enter the Tiger (New Year New Section Business)

D.J. Hatfield

Jan 12, 2022, 12:09:52 AM1/12/22
to sound-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sound Studies Section

Happy New Year and greetings from Taipei, home of musical garbage trucks and other amazing sonic phenomena (if you're really interested in the musical garbage trucks, check out Nancy Guy's article on garbage truck music in _Resounding Taiwan_)

It's hard to believe but we are now nearing another SEM call for papers!

First, I'd like to encourage everyone to write to this listserv and to djh...@gmail.com with your panel and paper ideas. As a section, we've done well with the programme commitee in past years and hope this year to sponsor more panels--ideas for jointly sponsored panels (with other sections) welcome! just remember that putting panels together does take a bit of time. If you could send out your ideas sometime this month, it would make it possible to do the necessary matchmaking and such before our section deadline for sponsorship of 10th february

Second, to facilitate all this work (not to mention my stepping down from the co-chair position) I'm asking everyone to consider volunteering for one of the section offices (chair, secretary, member at large) and / or for one of our committees (communications, panels, curatorial). We'll need to get the conference panel committee up and running relatively quickly to make the SEM deadlines

Finally, it's been a rough year. Here's hoping for a better 2022

Best

DJH

--
DJ W. Hatfield / 施永德
國立台灣大學音樂學研究所副教授

michael trommer

Jan 13, 2022, 9:41:27 PM1/13/22
to sound-...@googlegroups.com
I'd be happy to help on the curatorial side of things...

Hope everyone is well!

Michael