Example config for Dell z9432f?

Andrew Theurer

Sep 8, 2021, 12:01:17 PM9/8/21
to sonicproject
I am trying SONiC on a Dell z9432f switch.  I was just wondering if anyone has an example config_db.json to get me started.  I'll take anything you have :)

Thanks,

-Andrew

kamal kumar

Sep 8, 2021, 1:05:54 PM9/8/21
to Andrew Theurer, sonicproject
Hi Andrew,

Please find it attached.

Kamal.

config_db_sample.json

Andrew Theurer

Sep 8, 2021, 3:00:31 PM9/8/21
to sonicproject
Thanks, Kamal!

Some quick newbie question(s):  How do the lane numbers correlate to the index?  I assume the index is the physical port on the switch?  Are there up to 8 lanes per index with QSFP-DD?

Thanks,

-Andrew

kamal kumar

Sep 8, 2021, 3:31:15 PM9/8/21
to Andrew Theurer, sonicproject
Hi Andrew,

What I observed was, different platforms had different lane numbering. Yes the index represents the physical number port (some start with 0 and some with 1). The number of lanes depends on the speed the physical interface supports. For example if the maximum supported speed is 100G, then it will have 4 lanes and if it is 400G then it supports 8 lanes. If you do fanout, the lanes will further divide for each physical interface.