Compile error. Scotch.h missing

Gary Roach

Jan 26, 2017, 7:57:18 PM1/26/17
to solvcon
Hi all,

I'm trying to install solvcon on my Debian Stretch system. Much of the installation (using python setup.py install) works but then errors out with:

libmarch/include/march/depend/scotch.hpp:9:20: fatal error: scotch.h: No such file or directory
 #include <scotch.h>

I made sure that all of the required dependencies were on the system and re-checked that libptscotch-dev and libscotch-dev were installed.

How do I correct this. I want to use this package along with Anaconda to model acoustic waves in solids and would really like to get on with the project.

Gary R.

Yung-Yu Chen

Jan 26, 2017, 9:46:39 PM1/26/17
to sol...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps the setup.py doesn’t get the include path right.  I haven’t tried it on Debian for a while.

How about installing the dependencies [using anaconda directly](https://github.com/solvcon/solvcon/blob/master/contrib/conda.sh)?  That’s what I did for [Travis-CI](https://github.com/solvcon/solvcon/blob/master/.travis.yml).

Glad to know your interest in doing stress waves in solids.  I’ll do my best to assist your work.

Regards,
Yung-Yu

Yung-Yu Chen
http://yyc.solvcon.net/
+886 (99) 129 4763

Taihsiang Ho

Jan 28, 2017, 1:20:55 AM1/28/17
to solvcon

Hi, Gary,

Please refer to this closed but incomplete pull request https://github.com/solvcon/solvcon/pull/171 . It is similar to your question. I suggest you to use conda as the build and run-time environment, as Yung-Yu's previous comment in this thread, to have a quick and reliable solution. Please let me know if you want to continue developing the pull request PR#171 , I am glad to have comments from other Debian-based system users. We may work on it together.

Cheers,
Tai

Gary Roach於 2017年1月27日星期五 UTC+8上午8時57分18秒寫道: