Fwd: [New comment] 400% more efficient Poliploid Trees!

erichjknight

Feb 17, 2018, 1:00:49 PM2/17/18
to Soils, se-bi...@googlegroups.com, bio...@yahoogroups.com

Dear soil interested list,

3 years ago I posted this video about polyploidy trees, I never got in contact with the researcher mentioned in the video, nor have I heard if this technology has expanded or developed. Given the tremendous growth and the commensurate increase in the carbon sugar route excretions I am truly surprised that it hasn't.

Sent from my Sprint Phone.

Feb 17, 2018, 2:01:12 PM2/17/18
to Soil Age, se-bi...@googlegroups.com, biochar
Eric,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. In the video he talks of trees 8 times the size, and show a picture... But on the site, polyploid is mentioned in carbon capture and storage (CCS), but with much more modest pretensions .. a 50% increase, not 800%. Polyploid does not appear on the Home page of Pura Forestry at all.... only when you get to CCS. I will keep a healthy dose of skepticism with this one.

Carbon Capture and Storage

Biotechnology Advantages: PURA Forestry will plant elite polyploid trees varieties in our plantations that have been tested and proven to fix up to 50% more carbon then even the best hybrid species.

--
Also on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Soil4Climate/

Bryan Hugill

Feb 18, 2018, 3:33:58 AM2/18/18
to soil-age
Can you perhaps post the direct link to the video/website, as I can't connect via the LinkedIn link because I closed my account with them a few years ago (and have no desire to reopen it). Thanks!

Benoit Lambert