SRCD Town Hall

Larry Nucci

May 26, 2022, 6:52:03 PM5/26/22
to social-dom...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone -

For those of you with extraordinary online skills the SRCD is having a Town Hall Meeting tomorrow at exactly the same time as the SDTIC event.  I intend to monitor the town hall with one eye using my iPad while attending the SDTIC meeting on my computer.

Regards,

Larry

--
Larry Nucci, Ph.D.
Berkeley School of Education

Wendy Rote

May 26, 2022, 7:13:05 PM5/26/22
to nu...@berkeley.edu, social-dom...@googlegroups.com
I will be doing the same. If anyone wants to attend the town hall tomorrow (even just with one ear), you MUST pregister by 11:59 PM tonight.

I've added the registration info and link below in case you missed it:

Please join us at an SRCD Member Town Hall Meeting, where leadership will answer members’ questions about recent events affecting the Society and listen to your ideas.

When: 11:00am-12:30pm EDT, Friday, May 27, 2022

Who: Open to all current SRCD members.

Panelists:

Nancy E. Hill, Ph.D., SRCD President

Nicholas Allen, Ph.D., Governing Council Representative

Saima K. Hedrick, MPH, CAE, Executive Director

Where: Register below and a zoom link will be sent to you the morning of the event. When you register, you will have an opportunity to submit questions, ideas, concerns, and comments that will be addressed during the town hall.

REGISTER NOW

**Due to system requirements, registration will close at 11:59pm EDT on May 26, 2022.**

Campione-Barr, Nicole M.

May 26, 2022, 7:22:05 PM5/26/22
to Rote, Wendy, nu...@berkeley.edu, social-dom...@googlegroups.com
I will do the same. But be aware, if you are like me and your membership has lapsed, you must be a current member to register. If you don’t want to do that under these circumstances, there will be enough of us on there, it seems, that we can report back.

Nicole

Sent from my iPhone

On May 26, 2022, at 6:14 PM, Wendy Rote <wmr...@usf.edu> wrote:

To learn more about the Social Domain Theory listserv and group, visit https://www.socialdomaintheory.com/
To post an announcement to the listserv, send an email to: social-dom...@googlegroups.com

Melanie A. Killen

May 26, 2022, 7:24:53 PM5/26/22
to Larry Nucci, social-dom...@googlegroups.com
Hi Larry,
I am in the same situation!  I was looking forward to attending this marvelous SDTIC meeting tomorrow!  Then the SRCD webinar came up at the exact same time.  There are some political reasons that I need to be there but I would much rather be at the SDTIC meeting.
I'll see if I can pull off your trick.
All the best,
Melanie

Melanie Killen | Professor and Distinguished Scholar-Teacher

Program Director, Human Development

Department of Human Development and Quantitative Methodology

Director, Social and Moral Development Lab

3942 Campus Drive, Suite 3304 | University of Maryland, College Park,  | MD 20742-1131 USA

mki...@umd.edu | 301.405.3176 | https://umd.zoom.us/j/2996659030 | umd website

she/her/hers

--
To learn more about the Social Domain Theory listserv and group, visit https://www.socialdomaintheory.com/
To post an announcement to the listserv, send an email to: social-dom...@googlegroups.com

Larry Nucci

May 26, 2022, 7:29:34 PM5/26/22
to Melanie A. Killen, social-dom...@googlegroups.com
Hi Melanie -

Do you know if the people (especially the editors) and Ken Dodge who have resigned will be given a chance to speak?  Is this going to be  a top-down "news conference?"

Larry

Melanie A. Killen

May 26, 2022, 7:32:36 PM5/26/22
to Larry Nucci, social-dom...@googlegroups.com
Hi Larry,
My understanding is that only the President, Executive Director, and a GC member were invited to be on the panel.
Best,
Melanie

Larry Nucci

May 26, 2022, 7:35:20 PM5/26/22
to Melanie A. Killen, social-dom...@googlegroups.com
Hi Melanie -

How open and transparent of them.  No wonder they are in this mess.

Larry

Larry Nucci

May 26, 2022, 7:56:21 PM5/26/22
to Smetana, Judith, Melanie A. Killen, social-dom...@googlegroups.com
That’s pathetic.

Larry

Sent from my iPhone

On May 26, 2022, at 4:52 PM, Smetana, Judith <jsme...@ur.rochester.edu> wrote:

 Yes. And they will pick the questions that they will answer. It’s all staged.

Sent from my iPhone