Worth a minute or two of study.

Dan Tandberg

May 13, 2022, 9:41:57 AM5/13/22
to soarabq

Terry Tombaugh

May 17, 2022, 9:28:02 AM5/17/22
to soa...@googlegroups.com
How they can see the fish from altitude and know where it will be when they get down there, depth and lateral,  is the most amazing part.

On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 7:41 AM Dan Tandberg <tandb...@gmail.com> wrote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PraiseTheCameraMan/comments/un6uny/eyesight_of_eagle_and_cameraman_wow/

Terry

Rocky Stone

May 17, 2022, 12:24:37 PM5/17/22
to soa...@googlegroups.com
Some years ago, I went on a cruise to Alaska. One of our excursions was kayaking on a glacial lake. Bald eagles were perched all around the perimeter of the lake. From a distance they looked like bright golf balls in the trees.

One of them swooped down and grabbed a fish, but it was too large for him to fly with. He was about a hundred yards from shore. He actually swam to shore using his wings as oars. It was incredible to watch.

Our guide told us that it's a common way for Bald Eagles to die. They will grab a fish that's too large, and it will pull them under and drown them.