Looking for Modeling questions in SMT, for students

of...@ie.technion.ac.il

Oct 29, 2021, 12:42:42 PM10/29/21
to SMT-LIB
I want to teach a basic subset of SMT-lib to students, and assign them modeling tasks in various theories.
Is anyone aware of such existing material ?
Thanks,
Ofer

Markus Zimmermann

Oct 29, 2021, 1:36:46 PM10/29/21
to smt...@googlegroups.com
We are doing a series on SAT, SMT and Symbolic Execution
- How to solve a 40-year-old riddle with a few lines of code https://symflower.com/en/company/blog/2021/smt-part-2/
- Finding test values: it's not black magic, it's simply math https://symflower.com/en/company/blog/2021/smt-part-1/
- Symflower's inner workings: the technology behind the curtain https://symflower.com/en/company/blog/2021/symbolic-execution/

Does that help? If yes, we have an open issue to do puzzles for SMTLIB so people can win t-shirts. Maybe we can collaborate on the puzzles?

I think i also have a talk on SMT if i should look for it let me know.

Cheers,
Markus

Aina Niemetz

Oct 29, 2021, 2:23:22 PM10/29/21
to smt...@googlegroups.com, of...@ie.technion.ac.il
Ofer,

are you aware of Dennis Yurichev's SAT/SMT by example?
https://sat-smt.codes/

An excellent resource and I think exactly what you are looking for.

Cheers,
Aina

OpenPGP_signature

Dennis Yurichev

Nov 3, 2021, 9:33:26 PM11/3/21
to SMT-LIB
Hi all!

Thanks for mention.
I would be thankful for feedback and bug reports.

Vijay Ganesh

Nov 4, 2021, 12:30:42 PM11/4/21
to SMT-LIB
Yes, Dennis' books is excellent. I am using it as part of my SAT/SMT course.

Warm Regards,
Vijay Ganesh.
https://ece.uwaterloo.ca/~vganesh