Print not starting

M G

May 6, 2020, 2:19:05 PM5/6/20
to Smoothieware Support
Hello,

Hope everyone is well and safe,

I'm having a weird issue with my printer.

I've been printing great as usual but today I'm having communication issues with the machine, it started with not allowing me to move or heat up (no log communication error), then it would so I moved on to start a print.

Once I started the print from S3D the screen said printing but nothing was happening. Again no error on log.

Any idea what this might be? The machine has been printing daily for 6hrs+

All the electrical seems fine, and when it communicates I'm able to home properly, extrude and heat up the Extruder, bed just fine.

Thank you

Arthur Wolf

May 6, 2020, 2:45:36 PM5/6/20
to Smoothieware Support
Can you try Pronterface to see if the issue occurs there?

勇気とユーモア

M G

May 6, 2020, 2:49:00 PM5/6/20
to smoothiewa...@googlegroups.com
Will do, could it be the USB cable?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Smoothieware Support" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smoothieware-support/CAMHZkm4nd5TGhWVcREW2BQk24PAtFcE7%3DXqxX2jVLF8vLL72Sg%40mail.gmail.com.

Arthur Wolf

May 7, 2020, 4:26:50 AM5/7/20
to Smoothieware Support
Could be a ground loop. How long is the cable, and are the computer and 3D printer plugged into the same power strip?

--
勇気とユーモア

M G

May 7, 2020, 6:36:10 AM5/7/20
to smoothiewa...@googlegroups.com
USB is 2 feet long, and they are both connected to a UPS.