Bang Bang heated bed control

Paul H Burns

Apr 26, 2020, 11:46:08 AM4/26/20
to Smoothieware Support
History:
Smoothieboard V1.0 running off a 12V power supply, and a heated bed running off pin 2.7. This didn't supply enough power to get the bed hot enough (or quick enough) for ABS.

I purchased a heated bed 24V and a 24V powersupply, triggered from a mechanical relay from pin 2.7 which works.

The problem I am having is that the relay sounds like it's running by a PWM signal.
I've selected BANG BANG mode but the relay still "sings".
I'm expecting it to just switch on and off as it crosses the temperature threshold, but can't seem to make it work that way.

Config section for Heated Bed:

#Temperature Control BED
temperature_control.bed.enable               true             # Whether to activate this ( "hotend" ) module at all.
temperature_control.bed.bang_bang           True      # Set to true to use bang bang control rather than PID
temperature_control.bed.hysteresis          4.0              # Set to the temperature in degrees C to use as hysteresis
temperature_control.bed.thermistor_pin       0.24             # Pin for the thermistor to read
temperature_control.bed.heater_pin           2.5            # Pin that controls the heater
#temperature_control.bed.thermistor           Honeywell100K    # See http://smoothieware.org/temperaturecontrol#thermistor
temperature_control.bed.set_m_code           140              # M-code to set the temperature for this module
temperature_control.bed.set_and_wait_m_code  190              # M-code to set-and-wait for this module
temperature_control.bed.designator           B                # Designator letter for this module

# Bang-bang ( simplified ) control
#temperature_control.bed.bang_bang           True      # Set to true to use bang bang control rather than PID
#temperature_control.bed.hysteresis          4.0              # Set to the temperature in degrees C to use as hysteresis

Paul H Burns

Apr 26, 2020, 11:46:56 AM4/26/20
to Smoothieware Support
Fixed, the line that had BANG BANG needed to be "true" and not "True"

That took about 2 hours to find...

Arthur Wolf

Apr 26, 2020, 11:49:29 AM4/26/20
to Smoothieware Support
Ouch. Well, at least two hours isn't as bad as it could have been, I remember sometimes loosing entire days over things like this :)

勇気とユーモア

Paul H Burns

Apr 26, 2020, 12:14:04 PM4/26/20
to smoothiewa...@googlegroups.com
Yes, thank you for your time. And thanks for making it possible.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Smoothieware Support" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smoothieware-support/CAMHZkm74Fei6NMGx_NppwqgAnEKJnriUab5jZWMFMdqp2JGBeg%40mail.gmail.com.