Fusion 360 Additive post pro to smoothieboard

Moi Toi

May 1, 2020, 10:01:46 AM5/1/20
to Smoothieware Support
Hi

I see there is now a 3D print slicer inside fusion 360 manufacture modul.

I have try using this option but the only post processor proposed is standard mill/laser for smoothie, did you know how to use fusion for additive with smoothie ?

I'm able to tweak original post pro if needed but i hope something is already done for this, or if someone can share some gcode exemple used for smoothie additive ?

Br

Ps : maybe the best option is using another software and export only stl from fusion, but ???

Arthur Wolf

May 1, 2020, 2:50:50 PM5/1/20
to Smoothieware Support
The normal way to do this is definitely to export a STL from Fusion, and then generate Gcode with that and Slic3r.
3D printing support in Fusion is extremely recent, it's pretty much beta, it's not actually meant to be used. I expect as times goes on, they will add post-processors for 3D printing, including one for Smoothie, but that is very likely to take a lot of time.
If you are good at Javascript, you can try reading the provided ( non-smoothie ) 3D printing post-processor in fusion, and adapt that to the Smoothie post-processor, but it's likely to be a lot of work.
What kind of Gcode is produced by the 3D printing post-processors Fusion *currently* has?

勇気とユーモア
Message has been deleted

Arthur Wolf

May 1, 2020, 3:35:34 PM5/1/20
to Smoothieware Support
This looks like you could use this Gcode as-is on a smoothie-powered 3D printer. I recommend you just try it, and see if you run into trouble.
If you are new to 3D printing, *definitely* don't complicate your life more than you need to, and start with Slic3r before trying something so experimental as fusion's 3D printing.

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 9:32 PM Moi Toi <golf...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for reply

I'm newbee regarding to printer stuff and i use and like fusion 360 for milling so these seems to be normal for me to check additive function from fusion.

I have check the post pro FFF generic for additive

Attached the resulting file
And one file from the smoopi sample folder it is 100% ok for reference ? (i see nothing about setting temperature at start, this is something fulle managed by smoopi host ?)

I see with the post pro the fan settings is not active for now the result is allways M107.
I see need to adapt startup and finish gcode, but for the rest....

Thanks, for suggestion i will also check for Slic3r !

Br

勇気とユーモア

Golfo

May 1, 2020, 3:47:44 PM5/1/20
to smoothiewa...@googlegroups.com

wolfmanjm

May 1, 2020, 7:43:26 PM5/1/20
to Smoothieware Support
No it is not ok to share the files in the gcode directory, please delete that directory as it was left there by accident. the files in there are personal.

Thanks

Golfo

May 1, 2020, 10:55:47 PM5/1/20
to smoothiewa...@googlegroups.com
Ok

Moi Toi

May 1, 2020, 11:04:38 PM5/1/20
to Smoothieware Support
I have removed the whole message i hope this is enough i can't do more unfortunatly.