.nc files not working

Abel ke Yorke

Jul 23, 2019, 3:45:44 PM7/23/19
to Smoothieware Support
I am new to CNC world. When I save pcb gcodes from flatcam, the format is .nc and not .gcode. My cnc machine(smoothieware) is not accepting .nc files from flatcam. Please help

wolfmanjm

Jul 23, 2019, 4:04:32 PM7/23/19
to Smoothieware Support
nc files work just fine, also flatcam files work just fine. The extension of a file is irrelevant.

Arthur Wolf

Jul 23, 2019, 5:01:54 PM7/23/19
to Smoothieware Support
Can we have a look at the actual file ?

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 9:45 PM Abel ke Yorke <abel...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am new to CNC world. When I save pcb gcodes from flatcam, the format is .nc and not .gcode. My cnc machine(smoothieware) is not accepting .nc files from flatcam. Please help

Courage et bonne humeur.
Message has been deleted

Arthur Wolf

Jul 23, 2019, 5:21:07 PM7/23/19
to Smoothieware Support
I think you answered in the wrong thread. This is Abel's thread on .nc files, you want to answer to your own thread or everything will be a mess.

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 11:20 PM Maurizio Racca <mrac...@gmail.com> wrote:
I disconnected all hardware except those that are conected direct to power (the green contacts in the left of the board, in the picture... they feed an extrusor cooler and leds). Now, seems to works. The led 1 and four are ON and leds 2 and 3 blinking.

Abel ke Yorke

Jul 25, 2019, 3:24:46 PM7/25/19
to smoothiewa...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Wolfmanjm. I have attached this file (KE top) i created using Eagle. When i use smoothie to run it it does not work. Nothing moves. However, When I test it with the second file (FISH), it works. I used note pad to open them and realized the format were different. I got the FISH code online. Please compare and help me resolve that. I really need your help. All I want is a PCB CNC software that the format is supported by smoothie. Thank You

KE top.gcode
20151117 (3) FISH (1).gcode

Arthur Wolf

Jul 25, 2019, 3:33:14 PM7/25/19
to Smoothieware Support
That's just not correct Gcode in the first file.
There's not much to change to go from one to the other, specify G0/G1 when needed, maybe add some spaces so it's easier to read. See http://smoothieware.org/supported-g-codes

Abel ke Yorke

Jul 25, 2019, 3:38:54 PM7/25/19
to smoothiewa...@googlegroups.com
You still dont understand me please. I want to create electronic pcbs. When i use eagle the format i get is not supported by smoothie. I want a pcb software that would output the write format without necessary editing the longs lines inside the gcode. I just need a compatible pcb software, thank you

Arthur Wolf

Jul 25, 2019, 3:42:31 PM7/25/19
to Smoothieware Support
You need to look in your pcb software for something called a "post-processor", it's the part of the software that converts the internal model of the thing, into the actual gcode file. It's generally very easy to modify post-processor ( or just select a different one ) for one that generates the right format.
I don't know anything about pcb software though, I don't even know if yours has support for post-processors.

Abel ke Yorke

Jul 25, 2019, 4:33:59 PM7/25/19
to smoothiewa...@googlegroups.com
Well I guess I have to do try and error. I will try the various softwares out there to see which one will work with smoothie. Thank you anyway for your time. I really appreciate that

Ira

Jul 25, 2019, 4:45:30 PM7/25/19
to Abel ke Yorke
Hello Abel,

Thank you, Wolfmanjm. I have attached this file (KE top) i created using Eagle. When i use smoothie to run it it does not work. Nothing moves. However, When I test it with the second file (FISH), it works. I used note pad to open them and realized the format were different. I got the FISH code online. Please compare and help me resolve that. I really need your help. All I want is a PCB CNC software that the format is supported by smoothie. Thank You

The Eagle file is a gerber file, you need a gcode file. If you're running the current subscription version, ask support if there is a way to output gerber files, if you're running an older version, you'll have to search the web for "eagle to gcode" or "gerber to gcode" and see if you can find anything. gerber is a positive format and for gcode you need negative format so the conversion is non trivial.

-- Ira

wolfmanjm

Jul 26, 2019, 7:25:18 AM7/26/19
to Smoothieware Support
flatcam will generate gcode from gerber files. Generating gcode is not really a smoothie issue and beyond the scope of this forum.
I suggest you find some PCB milling forums which will have a bunch of programs that handle gerber files and can generate gcode.
For instance Eagle has a plugin that generates gcode directly from within eagle. You will need to look at the eagle forums to find it.

On Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 8:45:44 PM UTC+1, Abel ke Yorke wrote:
I am new to CNC world. When I save pcb gcodes from flatcam, the format is .nc and not .gcode. My cnc machine(smoothieware) is not accepting .nc files from flatcam. Please help

Courage et bonne humeur.

Courage et bonne humeur.

Abel ke Yorke

Arthur Wolf

Mar 14, 2020, 2:44:28 PM3/14/20
to Smoothieware Support
What speed do you mean ? Movement speed ? Spindle rotation speed ?

--
勇気とユーモア

Abel ke Yorke

Mar 16, 2020, 2:01:31 PM3/16/20
to smoothiewa...@googlegroups.com

Arthur Wolf

Mar 16, 2020, 2:03:46 PM3/16/20
to Smoothieware Support
You control speed with the F parameter of your G-code. You should read the documentation at smoothieware.org, it explains this in detail.

--
勇気とユーモア

Abel ke Yorke

Mar 17, 2020, 12:25:14 PM3/17/20
to smoothiewa...@googlegroups.com
I read that. But when i used for instance F300 and F10, the speed remains the same

Arthur Wolf

Mar 17, 2020, 12:25:56 PM3/17/20
to Smoothieware Support
Can we see your gcode?