Java 11 support since JDK1.8 is EOL Jan 2019

Satya Mishra

Nov 5, 2018, 2:01:50 PM11/5/18
to SmartSVN
Oracle is ending support for JDK 1.8 early next year. I tested SmartSVN with Java 11, but it doesn't work. Do you have a roadmap for Java 11 support?

SmartSVN Support

Nov 5, 2018, 2:55:44 PM11/5/18
to smar...@googlegroups.com
Hi Satya,

Did you try SmartSVN 10 preview:

<https://www.smartsvn.com/preview>

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer

11/05/2018 20:02 - Satya Mishra wrote:

> Oracle is ending support for JDK 1.8 early next year. I tested SmartSVN with Java
> 11, but it doesn't work. Do you have a roadmap for Java 11 support?

Satya Mishra

Nov 5, 2018, 5:11:43 PM11/5/18
to SmartSVN
On Monday, November 5, 2018 at 1:55:44 PM UTC-6, SmartSVN Support wrote:
> Hi Satya,
>
> Did you try SmartSVN 10 preview:
>
> <https://www.smartsvn.com/preview>

I hadn't, but it also gives the same error:
-Djava.ext.dirs=/home/satya/.config/smartsvn/10/jre-ext/11 is not supported. Use -classpath instead.
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Satya

SmartSVN Support

Nov 6, 2018, 8:42:07 AM11/6/18
to smar...@googlegroups.com
You are right - I've mixed it up with SmartGit - the next SmartSVN preview will come with a JRE 11 (and with SVN 1.11).

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/smartsvn/0002ce59-8e4c-4925-8bea-28eaa4ee0257%40googlegroups.com.

Satya Mishra

Nov 6, 2018, 1:49:13 PM11/6/18
to SmartSVN
Thanks, that should be alright. Also, found out RedHat will maintain OpenJDK 8 until 2023[1]. So at least on Linux, OpenJDK 8 should still be viable.

Regards,
Satya

[1] https://blog.joda.org/2018/08/java-is-still-available-at-zero-cost.html

Satya Mishra