Is Apicurio Schema Registry supports one topic multiple schema ?

Wilson Arockiasamy

Aug 4, 2021, 5:17:24 PM8/4/21
to SmallRye
Hi, wondering If smallrye supports  one topic with  multiple schema. For example
I have a topic "entertainment" I can post "Movie" & "Director" payload to the topic.
Same way can I consume from the topic? If so can you please provide the consumer configuration ?

Thank you!
Wilson.

Ladislav Thon

Aug 5, 2021, 3:12:14 AM8/5/21
to SmallRye
Considering you mention Apicurio Registry and using schemas, I assume you use Avro? One way to do that would be to not use specific types (such as Movie or Director) in the @Incoming/@Outgoing method signatures, but instead use SpecificRecord (which is a superclass of all Avro-generated classes). Or perhaps GenericRecord, which lets you treat all messages like bags of properties.

LT