Problem with setting up Gift Card

Marc Ackermann

Mar 5, 2021, 5:18:57 AM3/5/21
to Slatwall Commerce
I'm trying to integrate the Gift Card feature into the shop. Unfortunately, the gift cards are not yet been issued automatically in the purchase process.

This is what I have done successfully so far:
- Gift card product created in Slatwall.
- The product is displayed in the front end on the page and can be purchased.

After the successful purchase, I see the product (with type=gift card) as an order item in the admin backend.

But there are no data under "Orders" / "Gift Cards". In the database the SwGiftCard table is also still empty. Accordingly, no e-mail with a card code is sent. This means that no gift card was created automatically.

Sumit Verma

Mar 5, 2021, 11:33:29 AM3/5/21
to SlatwallEcommerce
Hi Marc,

Please make sure that the fulfillment method used for GC is marked as "Auto Fulfillment". And also in the global Fulfillment setting, make sure a leaf level location is selected as the default location for auto fulfillment.

Thanks,
Sumit

Sumit Verma
Founder / CTO | Slatwall Commerce
office: 877.886.5806 x 103 | mobile: 617.290.8214
www.slatwallcommerce.com | www.linkedin.com/in/sverma | twitter: blogonria

Marc Ackermann

Mar 6, 2021, 7:01:14 AM3/6/21
to Slatwall Commerce
Hi Sumit,
thanks for you answer.

I found it:
I don't have any extra form fields for the giftcard recipient on the frontend. So under Config / Settings / Sku Settings
"Require Sku Gift Card Recipient" has to be set to "No".

Best regards,
Marc