Skia supported file types list?

Mark Otway

Jun 4, 2021, 11:12:55 AM6/4/21
to skia-discuss
Hi all, I'm building an open-source photo management app (http://damselfly.info, if anyone's interested) and am using Skia (via SkiaSharp) for the image processing - thumbnail generation, watermarking, etc.

I'm trying to find a comprehensive list of file types that Skia supports, but either it's not documented or (more likely) my google-fu isn't up to the task. Does such a thing exist? What I'm looking to be able to do is list the file-extensions that can be processed, so for example, I know these are supported:

  .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .dng, .cr2

and I know that .heic isn't. If I can build an explicit list it'll make the file-indexing process more efficient as I won't have to scan files which Skia can't do anything with.

Does it exist?

Thanks!
Mark

Leon Scroggins

Jun 4, 2021, 11:31:54 AM6/4/21
to skia-d...@googlegroups.com
This is not documented. But you can look at src/codec/SkCodec.cpp, which lists the different decoders.

 •  Leon Scroggins

 •  scr...@google.com

Mark Otway

Jun 4, 2021, 11:38:53 AM6/4/21
to skia-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks - I'll take a look at the code.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "skia-discuss" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/skia-discuss/CAGzMmOFE%2BWLBLsvqy5%2B6oS7ibyTUP87xhwhGJ6gmZk0ovkMsLg%40mail.gmail.com.

Mike Reed

Jun 4, 2021, 11:46:57 AM6/4/21
to skia-d...@googlegroups.com
Note, any codecs/formats included in SkCodec.cpp are sort of there as a convenience. Skia proper only "draws" decoded images (and textures). Thus if a desired format is not present, you are encouraged to decode it yourself (using whatever helper libraries) into any of the supported pixel formats (see SkImageInfo.h).