SKIA Nanobench performance on Android !

soh...@chromium.org

Apr 28, 2021, 11:50:02 AM4/28/21
to skia-discuss
Hi,

We have been checking SKIA performance on latest (~M91) to upgrade an older version of SKIA (~M80).
Its surprising to see some of the benchmarks in gles.

Have the tests changed ? Or is this WAI ?

Here, is a snapshot.
M80 (Android 10)
M80.png

vs M91 (Android 10) :

M91.png

Br,
Sohan

Mike Klein

Apr 28, 2021, 11:53:01 AM4/28/21
to skia-discuss
Please try not to care about nanobench per se.
It's a tool for development, and is not a stable measure of Skia's performance.

Sohan Jyoti Ghosh

Apr 28, 2021, 11:59:53 AM4/28/21
to skia-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks ! So what would be the best tool for measurement of Skia's performance in Android, typically across milestones ?

Br,
Sohan

Mike Klein

Apr 28, 2021, 12:02:02 PM4/28/21
to skia-discuss
I don't think there is one.  Best thing to do is time something you care about directly: your app's framerate, frame time, jank percentage, first frame time, etc.  We'll try to definitely help fix regressions like that if they're reproducible.

Sohan Jyoti Ghosh

Apr 28, 2021, 12:05:48 PM4/28/21
to skia-d...@googlegroups.com
I see, thanks for the info !