Color in Neshmixel

Jorge Adolfo López Berbén

Nov 26, 2020, 5:52:59 PM11/26/20
to Skanect
Hello.  I scann and export the model in STL color Pre-vertex, scale meters and color space sRGB BUT when I open it in Meshmixer the file do not have colors. What I`m making wrong if I want Export with the color mesh?
Thanks

Tobby Ryan

Nov 28, 2020, 12:26:34 AM11/28/20
to Skanect
PLY will let you edit in meshmixer with Per-Vertex to edit in Meshmixer. OBJ will allow you to export jpg as a textureuv.
I usually use PLY as i can click the  PROCESS/External Edit/View Mesh in Explorer, edit then Reload Edited mesh from disk after overwriting the edit_me.ply

Carlos Cesar Gomez

Jul 13, 2021, 1:34:24 AM7/13/21
to Tobby Ryan, Skanect
Hey Tobby,

Have you ever run into this error message on soanect?  No frames were recoded.  I get this when I try to watertight it .

Tobby Ryan

Jul 14, 2021, 10:36:07 PM7/14/21
to Skanect
are you first loading the skn folder then reload edited mesh from disk?

Tobby Ryan

Jul 14, 2021, 10:37:09 PM7/14/21
to Skanect
I usually use the FILL HOLES, then select Watertight and Low (smoothing)

Carlos Cesar Gomez

Jul 15, 2021, 10:52:33 AM7/15/21
to Tobby Ryan, Skanect
Yes.  I’m reloading the file into skanect from my desktop so I can edit and send it to shapeways from there. That’s my process and it works for every other single file except for this one .

Tobby Ryan

Jul 16, 2021, 9:29:41 AM7/16/21
to Skanect
have you checked the data in your *.skn folder to make sure it is all there?

Carlos Cesar Gomez

Jul 16, 2021, 7:23:07 PM7/16/21
to Tobby Ryan, Skanect
Hey Tobby!

Thanks for the follwow up.  The assets are there in the .skn folder , it’s when I import the file and try to watertight that I get the error message.   These is a sequence of images of the process I follow.

Tobby Ryan

Aug 6, 2021, 4:52:33 PM8/6/21
to Skanect
I thought i replied to this, the Images older for the scans are not shown in your skn folder. these are the actual capture files and should be tons of them.
when computing a watertight, it refers to the images folders (aka captures) to procure a good watertight model. These are also used to make the meshes during recording and reconstruction.
you are missing the images folder and the lots of subfolders with the capture data.