[Talk] Low-Cost Biomedical Informatics: Our vision to ML and Healthcare

Chris Fourie

Jul 28, 2021, 5:40:54 AM7/28/21
to sisonk...@googlegroups.com, mlds-...@googlegroups.com

Interested in Machine Learning 🤖 and Healthcare 🩺 in Africa? 🌍

Join us, SisonkeBiotik, Thursday 5th August 📅 at 18:00 GMT/UTC +2h  🕕

for a talk from Houcemeddine A. Turki on “Low-Cost Biomedical Informatics: Our vision to ML and Healthcare”

Please RSVP for the talk with the link below:
[https://bit.ly/SisonkeBiotik-Talk-RSVP]

Schedule:

18:00 - 18:10      Welcome and community update

18:10 - 18:45      Talk

18:45 - 19:00     Questions and  general discussion

19:00 - ???    Interest group and social breakout rooms

Houcemeddine [https://bit.ly/Houcemeddine_Turki] is a member of the Data Engineering and Semantics Research Unit and the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Sfax, Tunisia

If one would like to engage with some of their research - from now up until the talk, Houcemeddine will be responding to comments and questions on their paper here: [https://bit.ly/Wikidata_A_large-scale_collaborative_ontological_medical_database___Ask-Me-Anything]

There are more than thirty scientists in their Research Unit. Working in various fields of computer science that include social media analysis, machine learning and natural language processing. They recently have integrated all the skills of the Unit in a Research Project entitled SPEED-TUN. The project includes a classical machine learning algorithm for the prediction of individual COVID-19 cases. A knowledge-based system for the Topic Modelling of common trends in the social networks about COVID-19 in the Tunisian context has also been developed. They have come up with a PubMed Central-based system for the generation of publications corresponding to a trend. These applications can be found at [http://41.229.116.116/speedtun/home]

### ###

SisonkeBiotik is an open and inclusive community of researchers, practitioners and enthusiasts at the intersection of Machine Learning and Healthcare working together to build capacity and drive forward grassroots research initiatives in Africa for Machine Learning and Healthcare ❤️🌍

Every week a Thursday at 18:00 UTC +2h  🕕  there is an open meet to discuss and develop research initiatives.

Every last Thursday of the month at 18:00 UTC +2h  🕕  there is an open meet for about an hour towards developing the community. This includes (but is not limited to) opportunities for community members to:

  • present talks on research or topics of interest 🎤

  • an open forum for discussion 🗣️ and brainstorming 🧠🌩️

  • social activities 🛼🪘

  • engage with visitors 🛸 to the community

### ###

Keen to get involved at SisonkeBiotik

Visit us at [https://www.sisonkebiotik.africa]

Join the SisonkeBiotik Discord [https://bit.ly/SisonkeBiotik-Discord-Chat]

Or complete a membership form [https://bit.ly/SisonkeBiotik-Membership-Form]

### ###

SisonkeBiotik is a fork of the Masakhane research community model - find their repository here [http://bit.ly/Masakhane-Repo] and fork your own community today =D

or fork the SisonkeBiotik community repository here [http://bit.ly/SisonkeBiotik-Repo]

--
Dr. Chris Fourie | +27645240720 | chrisfourie.africa | twitter | LinkedIn
MBBCh (Wits)

chris.emezue

Aug 3, 2021, 11:34:08 PM8/3/21
to SisonkeBiotik
Please is there a calendarr invite for this meeting?
 I was looking to add it to my calendar to remember, but could not find it.

Please if you could also refer me to the calendar invite for the weekly meeting, I will be very grateful!
Yours sincerely,
Chris

Chris Fourie

Aug 5, 2021, 5:27:05 AM8/5/21
to SisonkeBiotik

Excited for the SisonkeBiotik Monthly Meet talk this evening from Houcemeddine on Low-Cost Biomedical Informatics ⚡🪐

Zoom video chat link for the Monthly Meet 💻
[https://bit.ly/SisonkeBiotik-Meet]

Event to add to one's calendar 📅
[https://bit.ly/SisonkeBiotik-Talk-cal-event-Houcemeddine]

Starts at 18.00 GMT / UTC +2h 🕕

Schedule:
18:00 - 18:10 Welcome and community update
18:10 - 18:45 Talk
18:45 - 19:00 Questions and general discussion

19:00 - ??? Interest group and social breakout rooms(edited)

Breakout rooms:

  • Synthetic data for healthcare

  • Machine learning and public health

  • Natural language processing and healthcare

  • Machine learning and medical imaging

  • Social