Presence

Charles Chalekson

Sep 7, 2021, 11:59:24 AM9/7/21
to sipxcom-users
I have presence set up on my office LAN phones for all users.  If I have a remote user registered with a Poly CCX phone but their subscription for presence lines with other users are not showing up.  Any suggestions/recommendations for this?

FSO Voicemessage

Sep 8, 2021, 10:39:24 AM9/8/21
to sipxcom-users
Hi Charles,

You don't provide details on how the remote phone is connected to your office LAN, e.g. IPSEC VPN, port forwarding on the router front-ending the remote phone, etc. If you are port forwarding ascertain port 5170 forwards traffic from the voice server on the office LAN to the remote phone.

Peter

Charles Chalekson

Sep 8, 2021, 12:43:15 PM9/8/21
to sipxcom-users

Thanks for the response.  I am just port forwarding now but might switch to VPN.  I thought maybe the signaling came from the provisioning TFTP server.  I will forward 5170 and check it out.  Thanks.

Michael Picher

Sep 8, 2021, 12:44:53 PM9/8/21
to Charles Chalekson, sipxcom-users
Why don't you change to HTTP / HTTPS provisioning?

Michael Picher
Product Owner, UCaaS

Charles Chalekson

Sep 8, 2021, 12:50:45 PM9/8/21
to sipxcom-users
I hadn't thought of that.... LOL..  As an extreme amateur, once I got trained on needing TFTP for this I just got used to it.

Sorry for a stupid question but what's the benefit?

Michael Picher

Sep 8, 2021, 1:19:40 PM9/8/21
to Charles Chalekson, sipxcom-users
TFTP only supports up to a certain file size (I don't recall this size...  sorry). The file size might be too small for some firmware files.

Thanks,
  Mike

Charles Chalekson

Sep 8, 2021, 1:29:26 PM9/8/21
to sipxcom-users
Is HTTP/HTTPS provisioning on by default like TFTP or does that have to be changed?

Charles Chalekson

Sep 11, 2021, 10:32:25 AM9/11/21
to sipxcom-users
Any other ports to try?  I have 5170 forwarded and not presence for other lines not showing up.

Charles Chalekson

Sep 13, 2021, 10:52:10 AM9/13/21
to sipxcom-users
Are there any primers to explain how presence for sipxcom works?  I have read through the wiki [didn't come across any presence info] and this [http://sipxcom.org/firewall_settings/] and tried many additional port combos on both ends and cannot seem to get it work at the remote end.  Again this is a non VPN setup remotely.

Matt Keys

Oct 15, 2021, 11:04:00 PM10/15/21
to sipxcom-users

* A SUBSCRIBE is used when a SIP phone uses a feature on the Uniteme or sipXcom server, such as the Message Waiting Indicator (MWI), when subscribed to the presence status of another user (speed dial with presence checked), or when using Shared Line Appearance (SLA/BLA) between phones (shared box is checked under lines). Within the SUBSCRIBE message, the Event: header describes the service requested. "Event: message-summary" is a MWI subscription, "Event: dialog" is when a user is subscribing to presence of another, and "Event: dialog;sla" is used for the Shared Line Appearance. Again the Contact: is usually the IP of the device sending the message."

Matt Keys

Oct 15, 2021, 11:32:40 PM10/15/21
to sipxcom-users
In addition anything other than the above Event: headers described will not be understood. If you see anything in the sipcodes output other than Event: dialog, Event: dialog;sla, or Event: message-summary, then those clients are just wasting rls, proxy, registrar, and dns cycles on the sipxcom server which will slow down overall processing of legit traffic.