External call>AA>HG fails

Kenneth Feinberg

Aug 1, 2022, 1:28:25 PM8/1/22
to sipxcom-users
We have an interesting situation. We have a hunt group that is accessed via an auto attendant menu. If one is sent to the AA and they originate from an external call, they get hung up on once reaching the hunt group. examples below:

Internal extension>direct dial the HG = pass
Internal extension>operator>HG = pass
Internal extension>direct dial the AA = pass
Internal extension>operator>AA>HG = pass
External extension>AA>HG = pass
External extension>operator>AA>HG = FAIL

Any suggestions on this?

Ver: 20.04.2020042205045

Iuliu Blaga

Aug 1, 2022, 1:33:20 PM8/1/22
to Kenneth Feinberg, sipxcom-users
Hi, AA can dial only internal extensions as it does not have permissions to dial out. To dial out from AA you need to use a phantom user with forward set to desired destination using "if no answer" = blind transfer

Iuliu Blaga
Sr. Support Engineer

Kenneth Feinberg

Aug 1, 2022, 1:39:17 PM8/1/22
to sipxcom-users
I'm not dialing out with it, its all within system.

External phone (Ext) > Operator (Internal) >forwards to> Auto attendant (internal) >forwards to> Hunt group (internal)>please hold while we connect your call *then hangs up*

On Monday, August 1, 2022, Kenneth Feinberg <kjfei...@iu12gmail.org> wrote:
We have an interesting situation. We have a hunt group that is accessed via an auto attendant menu. If one is sent to the AA and they originate from an external call, they get hung up on once reaching the hunt group. examples below:

Internal extension>direct dial the HG = pass
Internal extension>operator>HG = pass
Internal extension>direct dial the AA = pass
Internal extension>operator>AA>HG = pass
External extension>AA>HG = pass
External extension>operator>AA>HG = FAIL

Any suggestions on this?

Ver: 20.04.2020042205045

Iuliu Blaga

Paul Herron

Aug 1, 2022, 10:54:43 PM8/1/22
to sipxcom-users
It may have something to do with the number of hops the call is making.

While the number of hops between your fourth and sixth scenario look similar, don’t forget to add in the hops between your ITSP or PTSN and Sipxcom.  If you are using SipXBridge, that also adds hops.  One more hop may be the difference.

I think this issue came up before in years past.  I’m not sure how it was resolved.  Try searching the archives.

On Monday, August 1, 2022 at 4:07:33 PM UTC-4 ibl...@coredial.com wrote:
[...]

Paul Herron

Aug 1, 2022, 11:02:18 PM8/1/22
to sipxcom-users

Todd Hodgen

Aug 2, 2022, 1:55:15 AM8/2/22
to Paul Herron, sipxcom-users
You can change the max hops.  I've seen this on sip trunks where a cellular carrier was giving a low max forwards to my sip provider.  Only those calls were failing.  I ended up increasing max forwards on all calls from that carrier and it resolved issues.  Give it a try.

sent using my two left twiddling thumbs

Aug 2, 2022, 11:21:17 AM8/2/22
to sipxcom-users
Thanks, but i just checked by having a call forwarded around a dozen times and did not have the same issue.

Iuliu Blaga

Aug 2, 2022, 11:27:03 AM8/2/22
to Kenneth Feinberg, sipxcom-users
You should check the proxy log. It will give you the reason the call fails
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sipxcom-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sipxcom-users/51363a14-1b51-45be-842f-d90100ecfe0dn%40googlegroups.com.