[SIM-XL] New version 1.4.1.5

Diogo Borges

Oct 31, 2017, 9:48:32 AM10/31/17
to SIM-XL
Images intégrées 2
Dear all,

We've released a new version of SIM-XL (v.1.4.1.5).

Please update your current version or download at http://patternlabforproteomics.org/sim-xl.

To update your current version, click on Help menu -> Check for updates.

We are fulfilling suggestions of some users, and we are working to turn SIM-XL more robust and sensitive. Continue giving us your feedback about our search engine.

The release notes are:

Version 1.4.1.5

October 31st, 2017

  • Optimized the method to save all identifications.
  • Bugs fixed to perform analysis. C-term searches were optimized.
You can visit our webpage to visualize other notes.

Should you have any question, please email us.

Best regards,
Developer Team
Images intégrées 1

Fayyaz aamer

Nov 9, 2017, 4:23:47 PM11/9/17
to SIM-XL Group
Hi
When I try to analyse raw files, MS windows error box appears and stops program. and also there is requirement for "no space in name" problem that was not appearing in old versions.

Regards

Diogo Borges

Nov 10, 2017, 6:34:55 AM11/10/17
to SIM-XL
Dear Fayyaz aamer,

This message is shown when the file name or directory where are the raw files has a gap. From the version 1.4, in all searches, SIM-XL performs a pre-search through Comet software to figure out possible dead-ends and linear peptides. In addition, the current Comet version does not allow directories or file names with space(s). Because of this, SIM-XL also does not allow it.

Best regards,

_____________________________________

Diogo Borges Lima
Postdoctoral fellow in Computational Biology
Mass Spectrometry for Biology Unit
Institut Pasteur - CNRS USR 2000
Computational Mass Spectrometry Group - Fiocruz / Brazil

About me: @diogobor | diogobor

Paulo C Carvalho

Nov 10, 2017, 7:18:09 AM11/10/17
to si...@googlegroups.com
In summary, as we incorporated comet to the search, this is a limitation from comet that we unfortunately have to respect.

Paulo Costa Carvalho
http://pcarvalho.com