Service to track "like" domains?

Dean Collins

Jul 31, 2019, 9:16:55 AM7/31/19
to Silicon Beach (silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com)

Are there any services that track registration of “Like” domains?

e.g.   enter in the details of a domain you’ve registered…..then get flagged with an email if any similar domains get registered?

Was thinking about developing this as a service after reading this article - http://www.ippromagazine.com/ippromagazinenews/article.php?article_id=6951 this morning.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Inc
de...@cognation.net
+1-212-203-4357        New York
+61-2-9016-5642        (Sydney in-dial).
+44-20-3129-6001      (London in-dial).

drllau

Jul 31, 2019, 9:03:35 PM7/31/19
to Silicon Beach Australia

cybersquatting is a well studied phenomena, basically you speculate on future value and charge holDUP prices as like cyberkittens, the name might be unque or catchy or whatever (personalty). So Dean, what you are offerng is a anti-holdup risk preventative measure which needs to operate in conjunction with trademark/tradedress law It is really interest from a legal perspective (if not personal) to see the new economic torts being propagated (read gold collar crime)

- ransonWare - encryption of work information ... game theory suggests they will always give the key other next victims will just measure restoration cost vs  holdout risks
- pinkMail ... reference to early days when the network providers with a straight face decried the smappers whilst backoffice flogging as much bandwidth as the mailbots could regurgitate
- poisonShill - variant of poison is $1, antidote is $100 .... with one hand promote a supposedly benefit (connect with friends) without revealling the Facebook Fatique costs of severing from the new good ones ... I had the same issue with online game, and in the end a bunch of us just split

In the ACCC report, they pointed out the consequences of Golden Rule (he who has the gold makes the rules) where internet giants on the points of control (http://radar.oreilly.com/2010/08/points-of-control-the-web-20-s.html). I appreciate my seclusion very much so if there was a price for using Google services but with the right to forget (my digital footprints) I'd consider it.

Dean, if you want iterate with me on the holDUPlicate business contact me offline.  ... it wouldn't exist unless ICANN was so greedy
Lawrence

Nigel Sheridan-Smith

Oct 23, 2019, 4:27:54 PM10/23/19
to Silicon Beach (silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com)
HI Dean,
Late reply...

Cheers,
Nigel

Dr Nigel Sheridan-Smith PhD / Principal
Green Shores Digital

Twitter Linkedin

M: +61 403 930 963
Eni...@greenshoresdigital.com
Whttp://www.greenshoresdigital.com

silicon-beach-aus...@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Silicon Beach Australia" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/silicon-beach-australia/FA13C27070EBDE4E918C20FC36AB9B820236BF0C0F%40COGNATIONSVR1.cognation.local.

Dean Collins

Oct 27, 2019, 6:05:45 PM10/27/19
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com

Nigel,

Thanks so much for finding this. It looks like exactly what I was explaning.

Interesting there are no details on pricing…..wonder if this is a price sensitive space?

Cheers,

Dean

Dean Collins

Oct 29, 2019, 4:18:07 PM10/29/19
to silicon-bea...@googlegroups.com

Hi Nigel,

Followed up with CSC….. $10k pa and that’s without actual implementing of infringements which is sold in blocks of legal hours depending on the number of enforcements they come across.

I still think there is a business model here for a startup to provide a cheaper solution.

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Inc
de...@cognation.net