Announcing memoir describing Freudian analytical treatment

Nicola Mendenhall

Nov 18, 2020, 11:50:43 AM11/18/20
to Sigmund Freud
I am happy to announce that my memoir describing over a decade of Freudian psychoanalysis was published on 10-10-2020 (though Amazon says otherwise).

Fear, Folly & Freud: A Psychotherapist in Psychoanalysis by Nicola Mendenhall.

There are 12, 5-star reviews on Amazon that will give you a sense of what the book is about. And I would love to hear what your reaction is to the memoir if you choose to read it. People tell me that once they begin reading, they don't want to put it down!

If you have questions, email me at nicola.m...@gmail.com and mention that you are in this group. Thank you for considering my work. What happened to me in analysis was so life-changing that it needed to be written about. I want psychoanalysis to be respected in the field as it changed my interior landscape.

Nicola Mendenhall aka Nicky

AROPa

Nov 18, 2020, 3:44:59 PM11/18/20
to sig-...@googlegroups.com
Good to know. Thanks.

Nicola Mendenhall

Nov 21, 2020, 2:00:19 PM11/21/20
to Sigmund Freud
I hope you will check out my memoir and use it to help your patients/clients understand more about analysis.

Fear, Folly & Freud: A Psychotherapist in Psychoanalysis is available anywhere books are sold. Read reviews
on Amazon.com to learn more about it.

Thanks. Email me if you want more information.
Nicola aka Nicky

AROPA

Nov 25, 2020, 1:50:05 AM11/25/20
to sig-...@googlegroups.com
It seems you wrote the entire story more like a novel and I would have like to have a more technical and to the point account. When you write like a novel you use too much imagination leading to the distorsion of ther subject which is not what I want. Especially when it is about the story of a psychoanalytic experience. I am not sure what belongs to the therapy itself and what to your writer skill.

J J

Nicola Mendenhall

Nov 25, 2020, 11:25:15 AM11/25/20
to AROPA, sig-...@googlegroups.com
J J,
Thanks for the feedback. I want to tell you that I did not use my imagination at all - to describe the analytical process.
I tried to describe it exactly as it happened to me and since I am a psychotherapist myself, I think this was an accurate
account. My surprise was that the analysis turned out much like a novel! I did not want my problem to be so commonplace as
needing to feel my feelings and conquer my defensive omnipotence. I wanted it to be more dramatic and
unique and special. The universality of my issues made them important to share.

I am working on a second memoir to describe the termination process that took one calendar year and will keep your
suggestions in mind. If you have other comments, please feel free to email me at nicola.m...@gmail.com.
Again, thanks so much for taking your time to respond. Much appreciated.

Nicola Mendenhall aka Nicky

AROPa

Nov 26, 2020, 1:38:08 AM11/26/20
to sig-...@googlegroups.com
Nicky,
When we write about our analysis with the aim to help others we must limit to the facts only. I mean the way Freud himself talks about his dreams in his Dream Interpretation. Take for example the dream about Irma injection . He provides a few associations directly related to the dream. Nothing more.