John Fairbairn's Shogi for Beginners

captbirdseye

Jul 25, 2021, 7:33:28 AM7/25/21
to SHOGI-L
I guess many folks here will already have an adequate Shogi library, but it looks as if a new edition of John Fairbairn's Shogi for Beginners has been published:

Europe: (both approx. €16)

Japan:

Got to be better than paying more than £90 for a 2nd-hand copy...

Can't see any suppliers in RoTW...

george.hodges

Jul 29, 2021, 8:56:57 AM7/29/21
to sho...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

The new edition was published in 1999, whereas the first edition was published in 1984.

I used to have these listed on Amazon, however they've changed their settings and now has to pay to list items.

Please don't pay £90 for a copy, I would be very happy to sell you a new copy of the first edition for £12.50 (plus postage outside of UK)

Thanks Angela

captbirdseye

Jul 29, 2021, 11:13:36 AM7/29/21
to SHOGI-L
>  Please don't pay £90 for a copy, I would be very happy to sell you a new copy of the first
> edition for £12.50 (plus postage outside of UK)

Indeed! The copy at an outrageous £90 was offered via AbeBooks, and was so 'startling' that
I mentioned it in my original post. I thought that copies of the earlier editions were now exhausted,
it's good  to know that they are still available...

RH