ANY edit to ANY page is causing it to blank in all browsers...

Phil Chandler

Apr 9, 2020, 6:53:05 PM4/9/20
to ShiftEdit - Web based IDE
I thought I had done something stupid in my code, but now ANY edit to ANY page is causing it to blank in all browsers...

What's happening?

Adam Jimenez

Apr 10, 2020, 4:53:32 AM4/10/20
to shiftedit
I need a bit more context. Have you tried viewing source to check it's empty.
Also does the file content still show in shiftedit?

On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 at 23:53, Phil Chandler <beeso...@gmail.com> wrote:
I thought I had done something stupid in my code, but now ANY edit to ANY page is causing it to blank in all browsers...

What's happening?

Best regards,
Adam Jimenez

Phil Chandler

Apr 10, 2020, 6:03:26 AM4/10/20
to shif...@googlegroups.com
The file content still shows, but if I make any edit at all, even deleting a space, and save the file, it becomes blank in a browser.

Cheers
Phil

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ShiftEdit - Web based IDE" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/shiftedit/CAAd0uZoFjKzbpO-p%3D1TcuXb8V9TVwp3-Nv8d%3DnSX6a8WxNJXhg%40mail.gmail.com.

Phil Chandler

Apr 10, 2020, 5:59:05 PM4/10/20
to shif...@googlegroups.com
SHIFTEDIT HAS DESTROYED TWO OF MY SITES by blanking index.php files.
WTF is going on?

07891 554 012
https://biobees.com
https://friendsofthebees.org

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Adam Jimenez

Apr 11, 2020, 5:23:04 AM4/11/20
to shiftedit
If the file content is still there, then ShiftEdit hasn't destroyed anything.
Most likely this Is a configuration issue probably with file permissions - I'd suggest to start there.
Also check the server logs for errors.

If you'd like me to look into please share the connection details with ad...@shiftedit.net

Phil Chandler

Apr 11, 2020, 8:26:39 AM4/11/20
to shif...@googlegroups.com
The site was working fine until I went in to edit index.php. I changed a couple of words and saved it, and the page stopped loading.

Thinking it must have been something I had done accidentally, I hit undo, and saved again. The page still did not load. Closed ShiftEdit, re-opened it, and now the file is empty.

Luckily, I have backups of some key pages, so copied and pasted, saved, still the page does not load.

Nothing to do with permissions: this has something to do with ShiftEdit.

I copied a couple of the pages as soon as I noticed things going wrong, and now I see that two files have been mixed up together, with random lines of code from each file interleaved with the other....

Regards
Phil

Adam Jimenez

Apr 11, 2020, 8:51:38 AM4/11/20
to shiftedit
Hi,

I use ShiftEdit almost every day and never experience this problem.
Are you able to reproduce this issue, consistently?
You could try from an incognito window to see if it's extension related.

Phil Chandler

Apr 12, 2020, 9:01:08 AM4/12/20
to ShiftEdit - Web based IDE
It seems to have stopped now, but several files were messed up. There may be an interaction between ShiftEdit and my hosting provider that caused it.
Or perhaps there was a temporary glitch - who knows.
I will let you know if it repeats.
Cheers
Phil
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to shif...@googlegroups.com.