Resin printer

Tanya Fish

May 4, 2021, 10:09:15 AM5/4/21
to sheffield-har...@googlegroups.com
One of my colleagues is selling a resin printer - it's not cheap but they're £1800 usually. If you're interested I'll pass on his details privately. We have one at Hallam and it's a good workhorse for the students.

Here's the details:

The Form 2 Printer is no longer available to purchase new but Formlabs are continuing to sell refurbished systems (£1899.00 +vat) and have committed to support it in the future due to popular demand. It’s still a great SLA printer that produces very high quality components and has served my consultancy well over the last few years. My freshly refurbished printer is effectively the same as the units being supplied
directly from Formlabs – it is even sealed in the official Formlabs packaging.
I already had a stock of Form 2 consumables so I’m also including these in the sale (see below). All that would be needed to get up and running is some Formlabs resin and IPA for cleaning parts.
Formlabs refurbished Form 2 3D Printer

£1000.00
Includes:
• 1 X unopened Resin - Tank LT (normally £75 +vat)
• 3 X unopened Resin - Tank Standard (normally £50 +vat)
• 2 X Build Platform (used condition – fine for printing)
• 1 X Finish Kit (used condition – all original tools)
• PreForm software (free download from Formlabs website)

Screenshot_20210504-150749_Drive.jpg

James Muirhead

May 4, 2021, 10:33:07 AM5/4/21
to Sheffield Hackspace
TBH, I've been trying to avoid SLA printers for the Hackspace as there is an awful lot of stuff you need to have with them (gloves, UV lamps, bucket of IPA). And the resin does not last long once opened.

The other problem is that the waste IPA is officially contaminated waste and a pain to get rid of.

And we'd need better extraction!

Also, print times are LOOOOONG! A Voron 0 would probably be a better investment as they can knock threw a lot of smaller parts really quickly.

SLA printers are still kinda expensive (the Mars Pro is not cheap and has a smaller print volume), having one in the space could be useful as to not buy them ourselves! But we'd have to run the thing through nights and etc (purely due to print times).

Don't know what to suggest.

-OJ.

Tanya Fish

May 4, 2021, 10:35:12 AM5/4/21
to sheffield-har...@googlegroups.com
I'll put you down for a "no" then, James.

Thomas Milton

Jun 16, 2022, 5:13:32 AM6/16/22
to Sheffield Hackspace
Over a year but is this still available?

Bob Kapur

Jun 23, 2022, 4:03:31 PM6/23/22
to sheffield-har...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

Please see picture. Large number of wooden boxes, used to store steel components are going free to anyone who wants to collect them from Parkgate, Rotherham S65 3SH.

Bob

IMG-20220623-WA0004.jpg

Richard G

Jul 25, 2022, 8:30:19 AM7/25/22
to Sheffield Hackspace
I believe water-washable resin negates the need for IPA, if that helps?  Doesn't get as cheap as the standard stuff but it's the same ballpark.  I don't have a horse in the race, just thought I'd mention it since it's what I use.  They're still a mess, you're 100% not wrong, and £1k is still a lot given a consumer-grade one can be had for £150; but as a counterpoint they're much better at low-friction mechanical components than FDM.