Lifeguard certification

1 view

Jose H. Espinosa

Sep 17, 2021, 3:21:10 PM9/17/21
to San Francisco Underwater Hockey google group
At Tuesday's meeting we came to the strategy that we will try to
negotiate having a lifeguard on deck (the one provided by the city)
and a number of laudgards playing (us) for that we need as many of us
certified as possible.

I volunteer to lead that effort, and there is a number of options in
the city to get certified (they even have their own yelp page). Do the
people that are certified have any recommendations?

Jose

Le Grand Bleu

Sep 17, 2021, 3:50:35 PM9/17/21
to Jose H. Espinosa, San Francisco Underwater Hockey google group
Thank you José.
Che did his through the Red Cross I believe.

--
San Francisco Underwater Hockey:
    http://sfuwh.org/where-and-when

Tom Brown

Dec 6, 2021, 1:16:08 PM12/6/21
to Jose H. Espinosa, San Francisco Underwater Hockey google group
The city asked me to provide lifeguarding certificates for our coaches. If you have a current certificate please send it to me. If you don't have one please try to take a course so we can share this effort.

I took one in August at USF. It was easy and I practiced useful skills in the water. There are a bunch of courses you can register for at https://www.redcross.org/take-a-class/lifeguarding?latitude=37.7749295&longitude=-122.4194155&searchtype=class&zip=san%20francisco%2C%20ca (You want Lifeguarding-BL. BL is blended online and in-person learning)

Tom Brown

Dec 14, 2021, 7:27:54 PM12/14/21
to San Francisco Underwater Hockey google group
My dear Sea Lions, please let me know if you intend to help lifeguard our sessions. When our club provides a guard we save a significant amount on our rental cost ($130 vs 200(?) per session). The pool administration has reminded me that the designated guard can not be in the water. Currently only Cy and I have taken the course. While I'd like to keep our costs down I'm not generous enough to lifeguard on the deck when most of our team isn't taking a turn guarding. Unless you step up to help please anticipate paying much more for your hockey time.