Thursday Hockey

1 view

Cy

Dec 20, 2021, 12:08:05 AM12/20/21
to San Francisco Underwater Hockey google group
Would it be possible for SF practices to move to a Thursday evening (7:30 or later start) in the new year? There was some discussion today at the CP practice about this being more likely to attract a larger crowd. Certainly would be more doable for me.

--  Cy

Steven T

Dec 20, 2021, 12:55:53 AM12/20/21
to Cy, San Francisco Underwater Hockey google group
I’d very much like this too. 7:30 any day would be awesome!!!

--
San Francisco Underwater Hockey:
http://www.sfuwh.org/where-and-when

Tom Brown

Dec 20, 2021, 3:47:43 AM12/20/21
to Steven T, Cy, San Francisco Underwater Hockey google group
As far as I can tell only the pool management finds hockey starting at 5:30pm on Wednesdays convenient :-/ It sure would be nice to have pool time that works better for more people.

I sent the following to them yesterday: "We'd like to make sure we have practice time in January scheduled, starting the first week. We'd appreciate going back to Monday or Thur or starting later than 5:30pm but if starting 5:30pm on Wed is all that works for you we'll take it." If you have advice for how I can better handle this please let me know.

Steven T

Dec 20, 2021, 4:16:35 AM12/20/21
to Tom Brown, Cy, San Francisco Underwater Hockey google group
Are they still claiming COVID reasons for shortened hours, insufficient staff, etc?

What’s the reason?

I think if they have an easy out, they’re gonna take it (e.g., “meh, give ‘em 5:30 on Wednesdays, they’ll take it”). If someone is saying their hands are tied, ask if it’d help to speak with their supervisor. Ultimately, you probably need to find a way to motivate them to meet us where they’re at.

Is water polo still playing there?

Valery Polyakov

calou...@yahoo.com

Dec 20, 2021, 1:06:03 PM12/20/21
to Tom Brown, Rhett Perkins, holland >> UWH o holland, UWH - Oren Levy, Cy, San Francisco Underwater Hockey google group, Steven T

Hi Tom, Thanks for working on this. We had briefly entertained the scheduling with Cy and Rhett yesterday at Menlo. It would be really good if we can coordinate the pool times among the clubs so it can accommodate different players schedules and locations.

Is there any slack in pressuring SF Rec department to give us a couple options to choose from?????.  I had spoke with Holland on Wednesday  and he was thinking there might be a good time for us  push for the youth team pool time????, ... personally, I think the new year is the best time to push the SF park and Rec for some proactive attitude toward the amazing assets we are providing to them.  vis a vis youth program.

Cheers to all - hip, hip, and moving on, ...   Jakub