Metin - photos

Deb Ford

May 23, 2022, 6:11:28 AM5/23/22
to SF Rando
Dear SFR,

I have collected a few images of Metin that I have taken over the years. They range from the 2013 GRR to the 2019 Gambler’s 1000k. You can find them here: https://www.deborahford.photography/Collections/Metin-Uz/

He is riding with Roy in quite a number of photos. And with Michael Chalfant. To you all, but especially to Michael, I am so very, very sorry that you are having to say goodbye, once again, to a good friend and randonneuring companion.

Deb Ford

P.S. I am just about to get in the car and start the drive from Wisconsin to Davis. I will try to get some photos uploaded to Megan’s collection on the way. Hope to see some of you on GRR.

Megan Arnold

May 23, 2022, 10:34:41 AM5/23/22
to Deb Ford, SF Rando
Deb,

Those are so amazing! Thank you so much for sharing. They really capture the essense of his spirit - the joy and tenacity - and the difficult and beautiful places he loved to ride.

I was also struck by seeing Metin and Roy together in some of my photos - they were both such rando stalwarts, it is hard to believe they are both gone.

Safe travels to California. Looking forward to seeing your images of the new GRR route!

thank you,
Megan

This message is from the San Francisco Randonneurs list at sfra...@googlegroups.com
Search the archives at http://groups.google.com/group/sfrandon
For SFR's schedule and general information, visit http://sfrandonneurs.org/

Rob Hawks

May 23, 2022, 10:41:30 AM5/23/22
to Megan Arnold, Deb Ford, SF Rando
Indeed, those are stunning shots. The one that makes my heart break though is this one. There were so many versions of that smile.

Deb, thank you for capturing these images.

rob