Sad News About Metin Uz

Jenny Oh

May 20, 2022, 12:40:28 PM5/20/22
to San Francisco Randonneurs
Hi Friends,

A dear randonneur texted me today to let me know that Metin Uz was hit by a car in Virginia during a brevet. I don't have many details other than he has passed away.

 He was such a loving, positive person and was always a joy to ride with. (That's him on the right in the below photo.) He will be greatly missed.

Be safe out there, everyone.

With love and sadness,
Jenny

14353549040_eaa25c9420_b.jpeg

C. Duque

May 20, 2022, 12:59:54 PM5/20/22
to Jenny Oh Hatfield, San Francisco Randonneurs
That is devastating news. Metin was a great person and rider. We spent many miles riding together. I will miss him very much.

I'm very sad.
Carlos

This message is from the San Francisco Randonneurs list at sfra...@googlegroups.com
Search the archives at http://groups.google.com/group/sfrandon
For SFR's schedule and general information, visit http://sfrandonneurs.org/

Ian Kizu-Blair

May 20, 2022, 1:08:00 PM5/20/22
to Carlos Duque, Jenny Oh Hatfield, San Francisco Randonneurs
That's awful news. Jenny, thank you for letting us know. Metin was a wonderful riding companion and kind person, his absence will be felt by all of us.

Ian Kizu-Blair
RUSA 6017

Tara Flanagan

May 20, 2022, 1:09:38 PM5/20/22
to iankiz...@gmail.com, Carlos Duque, Jenny Oh Hatfield, San Francisco Randonneurs
Shocking. Devastating.

~Tara Flanagan
RUSA #11626

Toshi Takeuchi

May 20, 2022, 1:19:47 PM5/20/22
to San Francisco Randonneurs
A wonderful person.  He will be sorely missed.

Toshi (#7220)

Asher Beal

May 20, 2022, 1:28:49 PM5/20/22
to San Francisco Randonneurs
Terrible news, we only rode together once, but I was definitely looking forward to continue our conversation. He seemed like a very gentle and genuine person. My heart goes out to those who knew him better...

Æsh Beal
RUSA #15087

Manoucher Brahman

May 20, 2022, 4:16:30 PM5/20/22
to cduq...@gmail.com, Jenny Oh Hatfield, San Francisco Randonneurs
This is a terrible and shocking news. I have many fond memories of him on and off the bike. He touched many lives with his fine calm personality.
I gave him a ride after he had finished successfully  Shasta 1000. While I was driving him to his home at 3 am he told me “ I am sorry, Mannie.”  I had DNF’ed the ride and I felt disappointed.
He reminded me by saying DNF was part of everyone’s journey.  Thank you, Metin.
RIP Metin
We love you.
Mannie

Sent from my iPhone

Massimiliano Poletto

May 21, 2022, 9:36:53 AM5/21/22
to Manoucher Brahman, Carlos Duque, Jenny Oh Hatfield, San Francisco Randonneurs
Oh my God. This is devastating. No words.

14353549040_eaa25c9420_b.jpeg