OT: stolen bike alert

Peter Colijn

Oct 30, 2021, 8:23:25 PM10/30/21
to SF2G
Hi folks,

Sadly Christine's lovely Benno Boost e-bike was stolen from UCSF Mission Bay yesterday afternoon / early evening. It has custom painted teal front and rear racks on it; no other bike would have racks in that colour. If you see it anywhere please get in touch.

TIA,
Peter
Benno Boost .png

Kurt Wallace

Oct 30, 2021, 8:40:11 PM10/30/21
to Peter Colijn, SF2G
Nooooooo. crap

Jeffrey Tong

Oct 30, 2021, 9:09:48 PM10/30/21
to Peter Colijn, SF2G
Sorry to hear 😭
Just posted on San Bruno Bikes

Jeffrey Tong, co-founder
ColinasCosteras.com
Community Wildlife Habitat
650.302.2190

Please support us at
https://www.bonfire.com/store/colinas-costeras/

Christine Windsor

Nov 1, 2021, 10:33:23 AM11/1/21
to tong.e...@gmail.com, Peter Colijn, SF2G
We spotted my bike being ridden on Bryant under the freeway yesterday evening. Sadly, we lost sight of it but it might still be in that area if anyone is biking around there. 👀👀👀

Christine Ryan

Nov 1, 2021, 10:39:38 AM11/1/21
to Christine Colijn, Jeffrey Tong, Peter Colijn, SF2G
OMG--will keep my eyes peeled! Is there anyone in particular at the SFPD that we should ask for if we see it? (In case that speeds the response!)

Christine Windsor

Nov 1, 2021, 10:50:48 AM11/1/21
to Christine Ryan, Jeffrey Tong, Peter Colijn, SF2G
I've filed the police report with UCSF police. Last night when I called them they connected me with the city police but didn't get back to me for a couple hours. I can't remember the officer's name either but he was only working until midnight last night so I don't think so.

Dave Blizard

Nov 1, 2021, 10:58:13 AM11/1/21
to chri...@colijn.ca, Christine Ryan, Jeffrey Tong, Peter Colijn, SF2G
Will keep an eye out for it.

Dave Blizard

Jeffrey Tong

Nov 1, 2021, 1:06:55 PM11/1/21
to Christine Windsor, Christine Ryan, Peter Colijn, SF2G
Do you have a case number with SFPD?
Maybe callers can report sightings by case number?  Even if thief is homeless, he needs to charge it up, right? At some point, it may need service ....or at least air.  Post a reward at 7/11 type quicky marts, liquor stores, and gas stations in area. Maybe he stole it to sell for drug/alcohol money. Look on Craigslist for any bike sales.

Jeffrey Tong, co-founder
ColinasCosteras.com
Community Wildlife Habitat
650.302.2190

Please support us at
https://www.bonfire.com/store/colinas-costeras/

Christine Windsor

Nov 1, 2021, 1:54:57 PM11/1/21
to Jeffrey Tong, Christine Ryan, Peter Colijn, SF2G
I have a case # with UCSF police not with SFPD.
Have not considered posters/reward - thanks for that suggestion!
Have been looking at craigslist and offerup.

Philip Constantinou

Nov 5, 2021, 6:45:04 PM11/5/21
to chri...@colijn.ca, Jeffrey Tong, Christine Ryan, Peter Colijn, SF2G
In related news....

A theft ring targeting expensive bicycles is far more sophisticated than your standard Walgreens shoplifters, creating a new wrinkle for criminal justice advocates who prefer not to incarcerate non-violent offenders.

At first glance, today’s Chronicle story of two alleged high-end bicycle thieves seems tailor-made for the Recall Chesa Boudin movement: Both suspects have extensive burglary rap sheets (seven and thirteen arrests, respectively), both were on probation and not incarcerated, and both were arrested at Seventh and Market, an intersection that, in the words of the Chronicle, is “known to be the center of the stolen goods trade in San Francisco.”

John Murphy

Nov 5, 2021, 7:01:15 PM11/5/21
to 'Jason Thorpe' via SF2G
if you have an intersection that is the center of the stolen goods trade, how can you not allocate a full time cop to that intersection just to break them up

Jason Thorpe

Nov 5, 2021, 10:42:13 PM11/5/21
to John Murphy, 'Jason Thorpe' via SF2G

> On Nov 5, 2021, at 4:00 PM, John Murphy <ta...@murphstahoe.com> wrote:
>
> if you have an intersection that is the center of the stolen goods trade, how can you not allocate a full time cop to that intersection just to break them up

Since when has the SFPD ever done anything to help a bicyclist, or anything really to curb property crime?

-- thorpej

Scott Crosby

Nov 9, 2021, 12:25:06 PM11/9/21
to Jason Thorpe, John Murphy, 'Jason Thorpe' via SF2G
not once!

--
http://sf2g.com