ot: nytimes covers golden gate park (jfk) closure

Darrin Ward

Aug 8, 2021, 10:44:29 AM8/8/21
to SF2G
ah gordon car hating on cyclists, walkers and other forms of recreation.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/08/arts/design/san-francisco-bikes-cars-museum.html

Alexandre Passos

Aug 8, 2021, 6:39:32 PM8/8/21
to Darrin Ward, SF2G
You know, if what we're really concerned about is accessibility of museums and such to people with mobility challenges  (which is a fair concern) let's give them a special placard to let them drive to the museums, and keep the road open for cyclists and pedestrians.

--
http://sf2g.com

 - Alex

Jason Thorpe

Aug 8, 2021, 6:42:35 PM8/8/21
to Alexandre Passos, Darrin Ward, SF2G

> On Aug 8, 2021, at 3:39 PM, Alexandre Passos <alexan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You know, if what we're really concerned about is accessibility of museums and such to people with mobility challenges (which is a fair concern) let's give them a special placard to let them drive to the museums, and keep the road open for cyclists and pedestrians.

They can already access accessible parking in the underground garage.

-- thorpej

Brett Lider

Aug 8, 2021, 7:31:09 PM8/8/21
to thor...@gmail.com, Alexandre Passos, Darrin Ward, SF2G
Oh god, the "both sides" coverage from the Grey Lady. They made their garage super expensive and rely on "free" street parking to get more people in the door.

--
http://sf2g.com

ammon

Aug 31, 2021, 8:40:07 PM8/31/21