who's gonna buy us one?

Kurt Wallace

Nov 4, 2021, 6:44:08 PM11/4/21
to SF2G
Peter can tow it.

_____________________________________

Yuanyu Chen

Nov 4, 2021, 6:57:41 PM11/4/21
to “kurt@bikesmakelifebetter.com”, SF2G
but you have to bike through the glass to sweep up the glass...

--
http://sf2g.com

Yuanyu Chen

Darrin Ward

Nov 4, 2021, 8:03:03 PM11/4/21
to yuany...@gmail.com, SF2G, “kurt@bikesmakelifebetter.com”
Heh I admit inventions based on the failures of local and state governments both amuse and annoy me.

Peter Colijn

Nov 4, 2021, 8:48:08 PM11/4/21
to dmw...@gmail.com, yuany...@gmail.com, SF2G, “kurt@bikesmakelifebetter.com”
Definitely a cool idea though it looks like they're geared towards very small debris. So it would help clean up shattered glass but not much of the other random crap we see in bike lanes (cardboard boxes, intact glass bottles, roadkill, etc...)

Yohan Paek

Nov 5, 2021, 12:49:15 AM11/5/21
to SF2G
This is an awesome idea.  All you have to do is ride a mountain bike with big treads to avoid gashes in your tires that cause punctures.  If several people used this once a week, we would have way better bike lanes.  It's a good exercise too with added resistance training every once in a while.

Looks like it's just in the invention stage?  And not being produced?  Have to figure out a way to power by wheel rotation instead of battery.

Maybe the club could create a go fund me and everyone chip in for one.

Patrick Kitto

Nov 5, 2021, 1:14:12 AM11/5/21
to Peter Colijn, Darrin Ward, Yuanyu Chen, SF2G, “kurt@bikesmakelifebetter.com”
Sounds like you need to invent the bike lane plow, which would be followed by the bike lane sweeper.  Since pushing larger debris takes a fair bit more force, maybe that should be on the front of a tandem...

Kurt Martin

Nov 6, 2021, 12:37:19 PM11/6/21
to Patrick Kitto, Peter Colijn, Darrin Ward, Yuanyu Chen, SF2G

Here’s a level or two up
Looks like brush plus suction

Kurt

Kurt Wallace

Nov 8, 2021, 5:21:08 PM11/8/21
to Jeffrey Tong, Patrick Kitto, Peter Colijn, Darrin Ward, Yuanyu Chen, SF2G
nice graphic Jeffrey!
_____________________________________

On Sat, Nov 6, 2021 at 3:38 PM Jeffrey Tong <tong.e...@gmail.com> wrote:
Bike lanes should be on par with auto lanes - not narrow 5' gutters.

Please champion PARITY for all vehicle types.

Existing on El Camino Real
🚘  🚘 🚘 🚘 _🌳_ 🚘 🚘 🚘  🚘

Vision (idealized)
 🚲  🛵 🌳 🚍  🚘 ↔️ 🚘  🚍 🌳 🛵  🚲
10'  10'  5' 10' 10' 10' 10' 10'  5'  10'  10' = 100'

Vision (compromise to accommodate 11' bus lane)
9.5' 9.5' 5' 11' 10' 10' 10' 11' 5' 9.5' 9.5' = 100'

Jeffrey Tong, co-founder
www.ColinasCosteras.com
Community Wildlife Habitat
650.302.2190