Red Bull De Haro Street Hillclimb:

djconnel

Oct 11, 2021, 11:15:02 PM10/11/21
to SF2G
https://participate.redbull.com/en/events/red-bull-bay-climb/2021
October 23, 2021
De Haro St & 17th St | San Francisco, CA

I've never done this before, although I used to live on Potrero Hill.  I think maybe this is the year to give it a try.

Has anyone else done it before, or going this year?

$42 entry fee, while of course it's free to climb De Haro any time and check your Strava time, which is why I haven't done it, but YOLO.

Darrin Ward

Oct 12, 2021, 12:37:15 PM10/12/21
to Dan Connelly, SF2G
what time does the event start?
> --
> http://sf2g.com
> ---

Dan Connelly

Oct 12, 2021, 12:51:28 PM10/12/21
to Darrin Ward, SF2G
11 am, apparently.  You'd think they'd have made that clearer :).  But a sane start time for a weekend event.

Darrin Ward

Oct 12, 2021, 1:17:32 PM10/12/21
to Dan Connelly, SF2G
going to try and come out to cheer folks on.
admittedly have trouble getting non ride motivated before like 1 or so.

Georgia Andrews

Oct 12, 2021, 1:36:17 PM10/12/21
to Darrin Ward, Dan Connelly, SF2G
I've been to watch before, it's pretty fun. iirc there's a bunch of heats and stuff so if you don't show up until 1 you're not going to miss out as a spectator. I think they're putting on a "tracklocross" event in GGP that weekend too.

Teddy Cox

Oct 13, 2021, 2:54:24 PM10/13/21
to SF2G
Georgia, my Google fu turns up nothing for that cyclocross event. Can you share any other information about it?

Georgia Andrews

Oct 13, 2021, 3:15:41 PM10/13/21
to cox...@google.com, SF2G
I saw it on Mission Crit's insta, "tracklocross in GGP - 11am Sunday". the same post was also advertising an alleycat on the thursday beforehand so I have no idea how official the tracklocross is. It's also not on Mission Crit's map of weekend events so maybe it's not actually happening? No idea.

Scott Crosby

Oct 18, 2021, 4:45:01 AM10/18/21
to Georgia Andrews, cox...@google.com, SF2G
tracklocross is the future of bike racing! love to hear an account of the event if anyone attends.

Georgia Andrews

Oct 19, 2021, 11:04:10 AM10/19/21
to Scott Crosby, Teddy Cox, SF2G
Mission crit had more details on the tracklocross
Screenshot_20211019-080222_Instagram.jpg

Guilherme Germoglio

Dec 19, 2021, 1:28:21 PM12/19/21
to SF2G

Dan Connelly

Dec 19, 2021, 1:45:16 PM12/19/21
to germ...@gmail.com, SF2G
Thanks!  That’s funny.   Mission Crit did a fantastic job with this event.  I would never have thought you’d get this many people to pay $40 each to spend most of the day riding up a short bit painfully steep hill, separated by hours of sitting around.  But it was a super-positive atmosphere.

San Bruno Hillclimb is on Jan 1 and it will be interesting to see what the turnout is there.  It should be better for me, if I can make it, since I seem unable to ride much over threshold these days.  But scoring that $1 made the RedBull a compete success, no matter the results.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "SF2G" group.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sf2g/f5a448b5-d7a9-42ef-abd6-6b10909c6631n%40googlegroups.com.

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile