Beta release of Send Later for Thunderbird 78

Jonathan Kamens

Jul 20, 2020, 9:23:10 AM7/20/20
to send-lat...@googlegroups.com, j...@extended-thunder.org

Hello everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that, thanks to the efforts of Jonathan Perry-Houts <j...@extended-thunder.org> who has taken on the challenge of porting Send Later to Thunderbird 78, we now have an early beta release ready for ambitious Thunderbird users to try out.

This release is only for Thunderbird 78 and newer. If you are still using Thunderbird 68, you should still be using the version of Send Later on addons.thunderbird.net, which is not compatible with Thunderbird 78+.

Furthermore, since this is an early beta release, we cannot guarantee that there aren't other issues in addition to the known ones. If Send Later is mission-critical to your work and you can't actively monitor it to ensure that it is functioning properly, you may want to avoid using the beta release for the time being.

You can download the beta version of the add-on from here and install it in Thunderbird 78 by opening the add-ons page, clicking the gear menu icon at the top, and selecting "Install Add-on From file...".

Since this is a beta release, there are some caveats and missing functionality. We are maintaining a list of them here. Please review that list before deciding whether to try out the beta.

You can submit feedback about this beta release as follows:

Thanks!

--

Jonathan Kamens
Send Later Thunderbird Add-on

Rick Grunwald

Jul 20, 2020, 9:45:38 AM7/20/20
to 'Jonathan Kamens' via Send Later Users

Thank you

Jonathan Kamens

Aug 3, 2020, 8:10:31 AM8/3/20
to Send Later Users
There is a new beta release with a couple of bug fixes available at https://github.com/Extended-Thunder/send-later/raw/master/release/send_later-8.0.2-tb.xpi .

Todd D. Taft

Aug 28, 2020, 6:06:52 AM8/28/20
to send-lat...@googlegroups.com

How close are we to a non-beta release?  The bug list in the github issue tracker is over a month old, although I see that some other files on github have been updated in the last week.

Are there any of the current (TB 68) Send Later functions that are expected to never work on the TB 78 due to limitations in the new framework and API?

--Todd

Rick Grunwald

Aug 28, 2020, 1:20:44 PM8/28/20
to Todd D. Taft, j...@extended-thunder.org, j...@extended-thunder.org, 'Jonathan Kamens' via Send Later Users

I'll settle for a new BETA so we can test things like a restored send later column and get "save as default" working again!

I hope there is nothing that will "never work again" :)

Jonathan Kamens

Aug 30, 2020, 9:43:56 PM8/30/20
to send-lat...@googlegroups.com, Rick Grunwald, Todd D. Taft, j...@extended-thunder.org, j...@extended-thunder.org

Our lead developer on this, Jonathan Perry-Houts, is a bit swamped with work right now since he teaches at a university and it is the beginning of the term (and, of course, a beginning-of-term which is different than anything that any of us have experienced in our lifetimes), but he is hoping to be able to get out the final release by mid-October.

I apologize for the delay.

Jonathan Kamens
Send Later Thunderbird Add-on
Install | Write a review | Join the mailing list | Make a donation