Free TSE version 4.42 for Microsoft Windows and Linux

knud van eeden

Jan 8, 2022, 2:58:00 PM1/8/22
to SemWare TSE Pro Text Editor, TSE Editor List
Hello,

FYI only:

The Semware Editor Professional (TSE) is now thus available as a free
version (4.42).

TSE is one of the fastest text editors in the world available and for
me is TSE the best text editor in the world (comparing e.g. with VIM,
Emacs, UltraEdit, NotePad++, SlickEdit, ...). TSE is the most important
and most used program in my possession, used successfully for years.

And TSE is the program I use almost every day and night 90 percent of
the time. It does almost all the jobs for me. A 'spider' in the center of a web or
root in a tree with branches to SAL, Java, C, C++, Pascal, Delphi,
Perl, Python, BASIC, JavaScript, HTML, Ruby, ..., applications like Acrobat, PaperPort, GraphViz, JPSoft
TakeCommand and tcc, cmd, PowerShell, AutoHotKey, PKZip, browser Google Chrome, Firefox, ..., other
executables, ... Using it e.g. for time management (record almost everything
you do), artificial intelligence, machine learning, mathematics,
physics, natural languages, creating and maintaining web sites,
databases (SQL), support and programming purposes, automatic zip and unzip of
files, large projects, programming computer languages, ..., creating
different backups on different 10 terabytes harddrives, programming
SAL, starting other executables, ... Being able to handle 1000s of
files, up to 4 gigabytes totally, e.g. yesterday a total of 80
gigabytes in 200 files handled and resolved the issue with the help of
TSE. Very stable, almost never crashes, very fast search, even through
10s of millions of lines. Regular expression search and replace. Easily
creating syntax highlight for different file extensions. Fully
and easy programmable using e.g. SAL and Microsoft Windows APIs. Almost
anything applicable you can think of can be (fully) automated using
TSE, then run typically with a few presses on a button, mouse and or menu driven.
Fully configurable (e.g. keys) to ones wishes. Works perfectly on e.g. a 50
inch or larger monitor.

As an aside, used further while working in a voice controlled (Google
voice (further Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit)) automated environment with
currently up to 80 voice controlled devices (curtains, television,
cleaning robots, ventilation, temperature, door sensors, window
sensors, washing machine, water detection, cameras, smart displays,
music, doorbell, switches, printer, light (color, intensity, on/off),
weather station inside and outside (temperature, humidity, CO2 level,
wind, direction, ...), fire alarm, ...). Google voice and Alexa can be
programmed to do a series of smart device actions using your own voice
commands. E.g. a virtual reality device (Oculus, so joining the
MetaVerse). Now with e.g. food and shopping delivered in 10 minutes at
the door step it is becoming the best of all worlds (Leibniz), all a
bit science fiction like thus but now reality.

===

Now thus a fully free (free as in free beer) Microsoft Windows TSE
version is available as a free for everyone download for indefinite
long time use (no serial number required) and distributable by everyone
at:

and fully free Linux version downloadable at e.g.

===

For support of the free TSE 4.42 version join e.g. the email lists:

1. List which can also be found when searching in search engines, so 'open for everybody' information:

2. List which is accessible to only members of the list:

3. Note: You might have to get permission from the list owner
         (http://www.semware.com) to get access.

---

I am planning one day to create one or more TikTok and or YouTube videos to announce
further about this freely available TSE version 4.42.

Note: The TikTok app is with more than 1 billion downloads the most
      downloaded app in the world at this moment so reaching a
      potentially very large audience.

with friendly greetings
Knud van Eeden

dalton...@yahoo.ca

Jan 8, 2022, 4:09:18 PM1/8/22
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
How do I install this to replace my TSE 4.40a while keeping my current configuration and custom macros?

William W. Viergever

Jan 8, 2022, 4:24:34 PM1/8/22
to sem...@googlegroups.com, TSE Editor List

Speaking as an OLD user (early 90’s-qedit days, DOS and OS/2), I’m with Knud … it IS my editor of choice and covers 99% of my coding (I use UltraEdit for its search & replace in files for the other 1%).

Cannot believe here we are in 2022 and Obi-wan (Sam) is still putting out his magic; thanks Sam.

One, probably dumb, question: is this the GUI and/or console version?

Believe it or not I still use the console (aka command-prompt) version.

Happy New Year One and All.

William W. Viergever
Viergever & Associates
Health Data Analysis / Systems Design & Development
3607 La Habra Way
Sacramento, CA 95864
wil...@viergever.net
www.viergever.net
 (916) 715-1768

Harald Mezger

Jan 8, 2022, 4:52:47 PM1/8/22
to sem...@googlegroups.com
> One, probably dumb, question: is this the GUI and/or console version?

By default, both are installed: g32.exe is the GUI version, e32.exe
the console one.

William W. Viergever

S.E. Mitchell

Jan 13, 2022, 8:42:00 PM1/13/22
to TSEPro Support
There is an excellent discussion of this here:
https://ecarlo.nl/tse/index.html
Expand "Current Windows TSE Download"
Then expand "Installation Tips".
--
Sammy Mitchell
> --
>
> ---

Dan Campbell

Jan 17, 2022, 7:39:39 AM1/17/22
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
Really? Ah, man.  So I can leave a copy of the console text editor with some of my scripts, rather than defaulting to Notepad whenever the user needs to edit a configuration item?

That would be terrific.

Will there still be a way to donate, to express appreciation to the original developers?

Also, what about the Dos version?  The Freedos group would be gratified to hear of another free tool for that environment.

S.E. Mitchell

Jan 17, 2022, 8:14:17 AM1/17/22
to TSEPro Support
On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 7:39 AM Dan Campbell <dcwh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Really? Ah, man. So I can leave a copy of the console
> text editor with some of my scripts, rather than
> defaulting to Notepad whenever the user needs to edit a
> configuration item?

Yep.

> Will there still be a way to donate, to express
> appreciation to the original developers?

Have not thought about that. I will take it under
consideration. In any case, thanks for the thought!

> Also, what about the Dos version? The Freedos group would
> be gratified to hear of another free tool for that
> environment.

I have thought about that! I'd like to make TSE/Jr
(previously QEdit) and both TSE Pro for DOS avaiable.

--
Sammy Mitchell

Dan Campbell

Jan 17, 2022, 9:26:37 AM1/17/22
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
Thanks, Sammy.

knud van eeden

Jan 22, 2022, 2:12:01 PM1/22/22
to tse...@freelists.org, SemWare TSE Pro Text Editor
---

Visa Harvey wrote:
>> I’m also on the keen to at least investigate possibility of a Mac port ofsome description, at least console version, if that happens.

---

Sammy Mitchell write:
> No current plans.

===

As a possible workaround see e.g.:

Computer: Editor: Text: TSE: How to run TSE on Apple Mac? (without installing Microsoft Windows) [Apple OS X / CrossOver]

Note:

-I have not tried it with the latest CrossOver version

or latest Apple Mac Operating system still available for my Mac.

===

=> Let know how it goes if testing that option with latest version of CrossOver.

knud van eeden

Jan 22, 2022, 2:27:26 PM1/22/22
to tse...@freelists.org, SemWare TSE Pro Text Editor
One could also test TSE oneself and apply here to have it added:

Gary Wingert

Jan 22, 2022, 4:10:57 PM1/22/22
to sem...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to make a portable version for Windows, please? I
can't run setup at work as I don't have Admin privileges, but I can
run a portable version. I have 4.40a currently.

Thank you!
Gary
> --
>
> ---

gary.w...@gmail.com

Carlo Hogeveen

Jan 22, 2022, 4:17:59 PM1/22/22
to sem...@googlegroups.com

You don't need admin privileges.
Just read the readme.txt file that is included in the zip file.

> Is it possible to make a portable version for Windows, please?  I
> can't run setup at work as I don't have Admin privileges, but I can
> run a portable version.  I have 4.40a currently.

A. Method: run user.cmd

That should already be present.

1. Unzip 4.42 zip

2. That gives these files

  readme.txt

  setup_as_administrator.cmd

  setup_as_user.cmd

  tse.dat

  tse.exe

3. Then type e.g. in cmd.exe and press <ENTER>

start setup_as_user.cmd

4. Following the instructions shoud install it in a portable version mode

B. Method: Install it on any machine, e.g. your own PC

1. During installation say 'no' to any proposal to install something dependent on that machine (e.g. 'open with TSE', uninstall, ...)

1. Then .zip that TSE installation directory in a file

2. Then copy that file to any portable device, e.g. a USB stick

3. Then unzip that file on that portable device.

gary.w...@gmail.com

Aug 1, 2022, 3:51:29 PM8/1/22
to SemWare TSE Pro text editor
Very late in my saying, Thank you!