Contribution to Semantic Turkey

Mohamed Morsey

Sep 14, 2019, 2:56:48 PM9/14/19
to semanticturkey-developer
Dear all,

We have added support to connect Semantic Turkey to Allegrograph triplestore.

We would like to know how we can do contribute to the Semantic Turkey project, e.g. via a pull request or so.

Thank you!.

Kind regards,
Mohamed Morsey

Manuel Fiorelli

Sep 16, 2019, 1:19:46 PM9/16/19
to semanticturk...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mohamed

How did you achieve that? Have you implemented a RepositoryImplConfigurer (http://semanticturkey.uniroma2.it/doc/sys/repository_impl_configurer.jsf)?

Does your support also cover history and validation? Both of these features rely on our ChangeTrackerSail, which only works for native RDF4J triplestores (i.e. implemented as RDF4J Sails)

In addition to these considerations concerning the completeness of your support, another aspect to account for is whether we can afford to maintain and test it in the future.

As an alternative to contributing your code upstream, you could consider to make it an extension.

Depending on what you did, it should be sufficient to implement an OSGi bundle that registers the factory of an implementation of an extension point.

Here is an example extension (implementing a URIGenerator): https://bitbucket.org/manuelfiorelli/sixdigit-counter-st-urigen/

Best Regards
Manuel

--
Hai ricevuto questo messaggio perché sei iscritto al gruppo "semanticturkey-developer" di Google Gruppi.
Per annullare l'iscrizione a questo gruppo e non ricevere più le sue email, invia un'email a semanticturkey-dev...@googlegroups.com.

--
Manuel Fiorelli

Mohamed Morsey

Sep 21, 2019, 4:27:04 PM9/21/19
to semanticturk...@googlegroups.com
Hi Manuel,

Sorry for the late reply.

What I did is the following:
  1. Adapted class "STLocalRepositoryManager" to support Allegrograph. That includes accepting the connection settings, e.g. AG instance address and login credentials.
  2. Adapted the FE to lisr Allegrograph as one of the supported triplestores.
  3. Added support to deploy Semantic Turkey with VocBench as a docker image.
I would strongly suggest that we set up a call or so to discuss how we can collaborate in that sense.

Thank you in advance and looking forward to your response.
Kind regards,
Mohamed Morsey

Manuel Fiorelli

Sep 24, 2019, 12:05:11 PM9/24/19
to semanticturk...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mohamed

as I've already told you, we can't currently merge the support for an additional triplestore, since it would add significant maintenance effort to us. However, you can experiment with AllegroGraph on your own, and maybe if we will see the code stable enough and required by many users, we could reconsider merging it.

As I first step, I suggest to you to fork the repository of Semantic Turkey, and create a branch to place your modifications. Doing this, it would be simpler for us to understand what you did and whether a simple extension would sufficient. Indeed, the modification of STLocalReposutory can't be bundled in an extension, but perhaps it is not required.

Best Regards,
Manuel Fiorelli

--
Manuel Fiorelli