Not enough space - evebox scirius no alert alerting

Scap

Jul 18, 2019, 9:23:45 AM7/18/19
to SELKS
Hi,
I was running of space on the lvm root.
So i try to clean some file with
echo " " > Eve.json or stats etc....
But at the end i have just increase by 10Go the lvm.

I Still have file extraction, Eve.json alert.
But even with a reboot i have no alert on scirius and evebox.

Maybe because one process switch in read only or other things?

Any idea?

My selks-health just show me the moloch is in failed. But maybe he was before...

Peter Manev

Jul 18, 2019, 9:35:02 AM7/18/19
to Scap, SELKS

On 18 Jul 2019, at 14:23, Scap <scar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
I was running of space on the lvm root.
So i try to clean some file with
echo " " > Eve.json or stats etc....
But at the end i have just increase by 10Go the lvm.

I Still have file extraction, Eve.json alert.
But even with a reboot i have no alert on scirius and evebox.

Maybe because one process switch in read only or other things?

Any idea?

You should try to budget your VM disk wise with respect to the traffic you inspect and retention you need I think.

Moloch/ES data can take a lot of space - if that is the issue there are cronjob scripts (/etc/cronjob) that may need to be adjusted.
The script is cleaning up all data so feel free to poke around if needed :)

My selks-health just show me the moloch is in failed. But maybe he was before...

--
IRC: Let's talk about SELKS on Freenode IRC on the #SELKS channel
Wiki: https://github.com/StamusNetworks/SELKS/wiki

Alexander Nedelchev

Jul 18, 2019, 10:07:58 AM7/18/19
to SELKS
One additional point too: When you clean json log files, 1st stop suricata.

Scap

Jul 19, 2019, 4:09:04 AM7/19/19
to SELKS
Hello,

I reset the log but i was facing a problem with moloch logs. i have clear the /data/moloch/logs files (13Go) and it is now good :)

Thank you