How to get Official/Authentic Selenium certification?

OB

Apr 26, 2018, 12:48:13 AM4/26/18
to Selenium Users
I want to take Selenium training and get certified. Apparently there are many sites which offer training and certification, but which one is Official/Authentic??

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝

Apr 26, 2018, 12:49:53 AM4/26/18
to Selenium Users
To the best of my knowledge there is nothing called Official Selenium training and Official Selenium certification.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 3:21 AM, OB <ommai...@gmail.com> wrote:
I want to take Selenium training and get certified. Apparently there are many sites which offer training and certification, but which one is Official/Authentic??

devon hann

Apr 26, 2018, 8:57:26 AM4/26/18
to Selenium Users
If they are offering certification it's a lie, there is no accreditation on WebDriver as it is an open source tool. No on owns the product; therefore, no one can offer certification.

OMMAIR BUTT

Apr 26, 2018, 11:24:23 PM4/26/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much for your feedback.
When I googled, I found that there are many companies offering selenium training and certification if you pass their exam. Is this kind of certification worth any recognition?

Thanks,
Ommair.

OMMAIR BUTT

OMMAIR BUTT

May 2, 2018, 1:41:34 PM5/2/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Please share your feedback

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝

May 2, 2018, 1:44:34 PM5/2/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
What feedback are you expecting ? There is no official recognised certification for selenium.

It's upto if you want to sign up for those trainings and go through with their exams though!

OMMAIR BUTT

May 2, 2018, 1:55:47 PM5/2/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Krishnan! Thanks for your feedback again. I’m new to Selenium and need to get trained. I noticed a bunch of trainings + certification offerings by many companies but wasn’t sure which one is official or accredited. Also, when I checked Selenium’s site, I didn’t see any section for certification info.

Can you recommend any GOOD companies who provide Selenium training and their certification? Would appreciate your input.

Krishnan Mahadevan

May 2, 2018, 2:02:54 PM5/2/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

Ommair,

I self-trained myself in Selenium. So, I would be the last person who can offer you guidance on whom to reach out to for trainings.

You can try this one: https://www.compendiumdev.co.uk/page.php?title=online_training

Alan, I believe has been closely involved with Selenium for a long time.

Thanks & Regards

Krishnan Mahadevan

OMMAIR BUTT

May 2, 2018, 5:56:08 PM5/2/18