SendKeys Not Inserting into MaskedEditExtender Textbox

flyflo...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2018, 3:42:38 PM7/3/18
to Selenium Users

I was using SendKeys to insert characters into several AjaxControlToolKit MaskedEditExtender textboxes we have on our web application. Worked just fine. I was using 3.8.

I upgraded IEDriverServer.Exe to 3.12 and 3.13. SendKeys doesn't work with MaskedEditExtender.

I upgraded Selenium.WebDriver to 3.12 and 3.13. SendKeys doesn't work with MaskedEditExtender.

I upgraded Selenium.Support to 3.12 and 3.13. SendKeys doesn't work with MaskedEditExtender.

Environment:

IE11\Edge
Visual Studio 2017 Community
NCrunch.Framework 3.16
NUnit.Framework 3.9

What do I need to do to get SendKeys working again with MaskedEditExtender?

Thanks, Ed

yunhu_li

Jul 3, 2018, 10:25:36 PM7/3/18
to Selenium Users
Hi Ed,

Maybe you should download a highter version of selenium to match your upgraded IEDriver, maybe selenium 3.12 will work fine; you can download according selenium from here:selenium download(:http://selenium-release.storage.googleapis.com/index.html?path=3.12/)

在 2018年7月4日星期三 UTC+8上午3:42:38,flyflo...@gmail.com写道:

flyflo...@gmail.com

Jul 5, 2018, 1:01:05 PM7/5/18
to Selenium Users
Hi yunhu_li,

Thank you for the suggestion. I upgraded to the version of the selenium support libraries to match the IE driver version and tested before i submitted by post.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Ed

srikanth samala

Jul 6, 2018, 1:17:59 AM7/6/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Use selenium actions, if if suppose mask editor is date __/__/__/ then give 25102018

Thanks
Srikanth Samala

Ankit Gupta

Jul 6, 2018, 1:47:55 AM7/6/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Most the problem comes with 64bit IE, I switched with 32 bit, now it is working fine.
Please try and share your view.

I am using below capabilities:

                InternetExplorerOptions option = new InternetExplorerOptions();
                option.setCapability(InternetExplorerDriver.IE_ENSURE_CLEAN_SESSION, true);
                option.setCapability(InternetExplorerDriver.ENABLE_ELEMENT_CACHE_CLEANUP, true);
                option.setCapability(InternetExplorerDriver.NATIVE_EVENTS, false);
                option.setCapability(InternetExplorerDriver.UNEXPECTED_ALERT_BEHAVIOR, "accept");
                option.setCapability("disable-popup-blocking", true);
        option.setCapability("ie.enableFullPageScreenshot", true);
option.setCapability("ignoreZoomSetting", true);
option.setCapability("ignoreProtectedModeSettings", false);
option.setCapability("forceCreateProcessAp", true);
driver = new InternetExplorerDriver(option);

On Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at 3:42:38 PM UTC-4, flyflo...@gmail.com wrote:

I was using SendKeys to insert characters into several AjaxControlToolKit MaskedEditExtender textboxes we have on our web application. Worked just fine. I was using 3.8.

I upgraded IEDriverServer.Exe to 3.12 and 3.13. SendKeys doesn't work with MaskedEditExtender.

I upgraded Selenium.WebDriver to 3.12 and 3.13. SendKeys doesn't work with MaskedEditExtender.

I upgraded Selenium.Support to 3.12 and 3.13. SendKeys doesn't work with MaskedEditExtender.

Environment:

IE11\Edge
Visual Studio 2017 Community
NCrunch.Framework 3.16
NUnit.Framework 3.9

What do I need to do to get SendKeys working again with MaskedEditExtender?

Thanks, Ed

flyflo...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2018, 1:43:46 PM7/18/18
to Selenium Users
Hi,

I tried every suggestion, except for switching to IE 32-bit, and I still can't get SendKeys to insert characters into a TextBox controlled by MaskedEditExtender.

(I can't switch to 32-bit IE because a) our users use IE 11 64-bit, b) it took me literally 4-8 days to upgrade from IE 8 to IE 11. I'm afraid of spending a significant portion of my day trying to switch to 32-bit and\or switch back to 64-bit IE).

I tried inserting the characters via Javascript (ElementObj.innerHtml = 'abc';). That puts the value into the textbox. However, it appears the Javascript bypasses the MaskedEditExtender's validation processing.

I am using AjaxControlToolKit 18.0. Looks like I'm using the latest of everything.

Any other ideas?

Thanks, Ed

flyflo...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2018, 3:03:01 PM7/18/18
to Selenium Users
I just reverted back to IEDriver.Exe 3.8. SendKeys worked!

Should I report that SendKeys with IEDriver versions 3.9 to 3.13 does not work as a bug?

Thanks, Ed

Jim Evans

Jul 18, 2018, 8:53:56 PM7/18/18
to Selenium Users
Feel free to report it, but unless you can also provide code to a demo site that demonstrates the problem, there can be no action taken on the issue report. Also, your users probably *aren’t* actually using 64-bit IE 11, as such a thing requires *very* specific configuration, which is *extremely* uncommon. So the advice to use the 32-bit driver is still completely appropriate.

Jim Evans

Jul 19, 2018, 11:53:39 AM7/19/18
to Selenium Users
And just to close the loop on this, the following code works just fine for me using IE11 and 3.13.0.2 (32-bit) of IEDriverServer.exe:

    IWebDriver driver = new InternetExplorerDriver();
    driver.Navigate().GoToUrl("https://ajaxcontroltoolkit.devexpress.com/MaskedEdit/MaskedEdit.aspx");
    IWebElement element = driver.FindElement(By.Id("Content_DemoContent_TextBox5"));
    element.SendKeys(Keys.Home + "07192018");

This populated the edit box with the appropriate date. I ran the above code with as written and using an InternetExplorerOptions object that included setting the RequireWindowFocus property set to true.

If something similar doesn't work in your case, then there is something in the way your particular MaskedEditExtender is configured, because the above code proves that the combination of IE driver 3.13 + IE 11 + MaskedEditExtender is not globally broken.