Selenium chromedriver error code -4

Joss Sparkes

Feb 17, 2019, 10:36:53 PM2/17/19
to Selenium Users
I am trying to set up a script on a new Pi Zero W that was previously working on my Pi 3 B. It seems the hardware may be causing the issue as simply moving the whole operating system etc over to the new pi causes this issue. There is no other changes.

I have tried looking at my Chrome and chrome driver version and matching it up. I am also using the ARMhf version of chrome driver found here https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/trusty/+package/chromium-chromedriver.

My full code set for the project is here https://github.com/RemakingEden/ski-lodge-tv-slideshow and the code I use to use Selenium is

import sys
from selenium import webdriver
from selenium.webdriver.chrome.options import Options
from selenium.webdriver.common.action_chains import ActionChains
import time
import schedule
import os

url1 = 'http://niseko.nadare.info/'
url2 = 'https://www.windy.com/?43.044,141.348,5,i:pressure,p:off'
url3 = 'https://www.niseko.ne.jp/en/niseko-lift-status/'
intervalAmount = 45
chromeDriverLocation = "/usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromedriver"
timeToSwitch = "09:00"
vlcPlaylistDirectory = "/home/pi/snowFilms"

options = Options()
options.add_argument("--kiosk")
options.add_argument('disable-infobars')
driver = webdriver.Chrome(chromeDriverLocation,
chrome_options=options)

As this works on the Pi 3 B I would expect it to work on the Zero however on the Zero I get the error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/python/ski-lodge-tv-slideshow/skiLodge.py", line 24, in <module>
driver = webdriver.Chrome(chromeDriverLocation, chrome_options=options)
File "/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/chrome/webdriver.py", line 73, in __init__
self.service.start()
File "/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/common/service.py", line 98, in start
self.assert_process_still_running()
File "/home/pi/.local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/selenium/webdriver/common/service.py", line 111, in assert_process_still_running
% (self.path, return_code)
selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: Service /usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromedriver unexpectedly exited. Status code was: -4

Selenium is version 3.141.0

Chromium is 65.0.3325.181

Chromedriver is 65.0.3325.181

I have looked everywhere to find the list of minus status codes and what they mean. If anyone has them or knows how to help it would amazing.

Thank you.

G Twain

Jul 1, 2020, 1:47:58 AM7/1/20
to Selenium Users