unknown error: Element is not clickable at point (1312, 845)

anshul nayak

Jul 5, 2018, 8:47:48 AM7/5/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

     Is someone has any solution for below error -

Chrome driver version - 2.35

Selenium version - 3.0.1

unknown error: Element

...</a>

is not clickable at point (1312, 845). Other element would receive the click: <div class="modal fade in" id="content-success-message" tabindex="-1" role="dialog" style="display: block;">...</div>

        (Session info: chrome=67.0.3396.99)

Kyle McGonagle

Jul 5, 2018, 11:54:26 PM7/5/18
to Selenium Users
Hi Anshul,

Based on that error it look's like your click can't be completed because a "success" modal is obscuring it. Is this a transient modal that will fade out after a few seconds or so?
If it's not you'll need identify whatever button on the modal you can click to dismiss it. If it is transient, try adding a WebDriverWait, using an expected condition of the id of that modal to be invisible.

In Python (my language of choice) it would look something like this, largely similar in other language bindings:

success_modal_locator = (By.ID, "content-success-message")

WebDriverWait(driver, 10).until(expected_conditions.invisibility_of_element_located(success_modal_locator))

There's a chance this won't work 100% of the time... I find in the application I write tests against, I often have to write a WebDriverWait for the modal to appear as well, or else my tests may move on too quickly and this failure can occur in subsequent steps in the test.

Let us know how it goes!
Kyle

srikanth samala

Jul 6, 2018, 12:52:19 AM7/6/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Element is not clickable use java script click definitely it will work

Thanks
Srikanth

total QA

Jul 6, 2018, 4:06:01 AM7/6/18
to Selenium Users

Athi Lakshmi

Aug 7, 2018, 3:24:19 AM8/7/18
to Selenium Users

Thank you Anshul. its worked for me..

srikanth samala

Aug 7, 2018, 3:34:58 AM8/7/18
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Use execute java script to click will work avoid Web driver wait for that element..