WebDriver timeout during initialization

Tomáš Vymětal

Apr 27, 2018, 11:44:31 PM4/27/18
to Selenium Users
Hello there,

Since few days ago, we started to experience issues with running tests via chromedriver (curently not using different one so cannot try to reproduce elsewhere).
Situation is pretty messy as these tests were unstable and scheduled for review for a while, so it's almost impossible to track root cause of this. However, biggest one was change to .net 471.
Tests are being run on WS2012 via Bamboo. When executed, error below happens for each test. ChromeDriver remains running and even bamboo job is't properly finished as it probably checks for handles created by test framework. When I execute tests on same server from console, everything works ok.

Outdated/unsupported message is being generated by MAQS framework (https://github.com/Magenic/MAQS/blob/develop/Framework/BaseSeleniumTest/SeleniumConfig.cs) and it's common error handling message, that is false in this case (we are on latest nugets).

OpenQA.Selenium.WebDriverException : The HTTP request to the remote WebDriver server for URL http://localhost:53986/session timed out after 60 seconds.

  • System.Exception : Your web driver may be out of date or unsupported.
  • ----> OpenQA.Selenium.WebDriverException : The HTTP request to the remote WebDriver server for URL http://localhost:54581/session timed out after 60 seconds.
  • ----> System.Net.WebException : The operation has timed out
  • Stack trace:
  • at Magenic.MaqsFramework.BaseTest.BaseExtendableTest`2.Setup()
  • --WebDriverException
  • at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.HttpCommandExecutor.MakeHttpRequest(HttpRequestInfo requestInfo)
  • at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.HttpCommandExecutor.Execute(Command commandToExecute)
  • at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.DriverServiceCommandExecutor.Execute(Command commandToExecute)
  • at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver.Execute(String driverCommandToExecute, Dictionary`2 parameters)
  • at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver.StartSession(ICapabilities desiredCapabilities)
  • at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver..ctor(ICommandExecutor commandExecutor, ICapabilities desiredCapabilities)
  • at OpenQA.Selenium.Chrome.ChromeDriver..ctor(ChromeDriverService service, ChromeOptions options, TimeSpan commandTimeout)
  • at Magenic.MaqsFramework.BaseSeleniumTest.SeleniumConfig.Browser(String browser)
  • --WebException
  • at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
  • at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.HttpCommandExecutor.MakeHttpRequest(HttpRequestInfo requestInfo)

Is there anything I can do to track root cause of this?

T.

Tomáš Vymětal

Apr 30, 2018, 8:16:49 AM4/30/18
to Selenium Users
I'll answer this to myself ..

this seems to be caused by changed settings to run windows bamboo agent to local system account without proper settings recommended by attlassian (thank you infra team!). So, changing to normal user solved this issue. Still investigating details, but .. should I create ticket (or someone could?) so this situation could be properly handled and reported by exception to avoid wasting time with investigation in future by someone else? :)

T.