Run Selenium IDE Test on differents browser in 2017

Luc Delmon

Jun 16, 2017, 5:34:40 AM6/16/17
to Selenium Users

Hello I'm having trouble running Selenium test created by Selenium IDE.

My main problem is that I don't know where to go.

I created a test in the Selenium IDE, I can make it work on firefox from the IDE and save it in hmtl, java, python,c# . That was the first ( easy ) part.

I would now like to execute the same test on another browser ( doesn't matter the language but I will focus on letting the test himself either in html or java).

That's where I don't know where to go, The IDE documentation talk about " using a simple command-line interface that invokes the Selenium-RC server. " but on other part of the website you can see that Selenium RC is officially deprecated.

Things seems to be replaced by Selenium 1.0 + Selenium WebDriver where Selenium WebDriver fits in the same role as RC did.

Then on the download page you have this line:

-To run Selenium tests exported from IDE, use the Selenium Html Runner.

with a link to a jar and no documentation at all.

So, today which one should I use :

Selenium-RC server , Selenium WebDriver or the Selenium Html Runner ?

Thanks for your answers,

Shawn McCarthy

Jun 16, 2017, 12:10:55 PM6/16/17
to Selenium Users
Selenium WebDriver. There are language bindings in a lot of languages (some are java, C#, Ruby, Python, Javascript).

Luc Delmon

Jun 19, 2017, 3:53:22 AM6/19/17
to Selenium Users
So there is no interest in using the Selenium Html Runner ?

It could maybe prevent to have to export the test into an other language.