Automation scripts halts and fails to click on element in android OS v7.0 device

Yogeesh Babu

May 13, 2018, 9:06:32 PM5/13/18
to Selenium Users
Automation scripts halts and fails to click on element
Samsung Galaxy S7
Android OS V7.0
Appium 1.6.1
Windows 10

On Start of execution, Application triggers successfully and able to click on login button to login. Once application is logged in, Fails to click on any element in Dashboard.

Same automation scripts works fine with :
Android OS v6.0
Appium 1.6.1
and windows 10.

Any help in this regard with be much appreciated.

johnbri...@gmail.com

May 24, 2018, 5:42:23 AM5/24/18
to Selenium Users

I simply wanted to thank you so much again. I am not sure the things that I might have gone through without the type of hints revealed by you regarding that situation.

Yogeesh Babu

May 24, 2018, 10:06:23 AM5/24/18
to Selenium Users
Hi John,

We were thinking this could be due to some issue in Android OS version compatibility with Appium version. But finally we came to know that our scripts fails/halts after closing the overlay screen in our application.

Due to security reasons i'm not allowed to share the logs. Will try to analyse further.

Thank you.