Retrieve JavaScript error stacktrace when tests fail on Internet Explorer

Luc Delmon

Jun 19, 2017, 11:21:17 AM6/19/17
to Selenium Users
Hello,

I'm having trouble with one test.

The test is in HTML, developed with the Selenium Ide (it's a simple test that click on a link that's all).

I execute the test using selenium-html-runner like this :

java -Dwebdriver.ie.driver="D:\projets\Outils\IEDriverServer.exe" -jar selenium-html-runner-3.4.0.jar -htmlsuite *iexplore "http://Homepageofmytest" "D:\Profiles\ldelmon\Desktop\suite.html" "D:\Profiles\ldelmon\Desktop\Rapport.html

Internet explore is correclty open, I can see the table corresponding to my test then it crashes with this message :

org.openqa.selenium.JavascriptException: JavaScript error (WARNING: The server did not provide any stacktrace information)

It's really hard to debug without any information. Is there a way to have more informations about the crash? More logs somewhere ?

The test works if nothing happen in it, it fails for every single action that I can do (open, click and wait).

I tried to export the test in Java and ran it with the exact same driver. It works perfectly so I guess that the test is correct and my driver and navigator too.