geckodriver 0.15.0 released

Andreas Tolfsen

Mar 9, 2017, 4:34:11 PM3/9/17
to tools-marionette, tools, selenium-developers, selenium-users
I’m pleased to announce the release of geckodriver version 0.15.0.

geckodriver is the Mozilla implementation of the WebDriver remote
control interface for Gecko, and provides an HTTPD proxy that
translates the WebDriver protocol to Marionette.

The release binaries can be found in the usual place:

https://github.com/mozilla/geckodriver/releases/tag/v0.15.0

You can consult the change log for a record of all notable changes to
the program:

https://github.com/mozilla/geckodriver/blob/master/CHANGES.md#0150-2017-03-08

We added routing for the Get Timeouts command in this release, and
made a very notable change in the way HTTP responses are encoded:
the WebDriver standard expects responses to come wrapped in
{value: …} objects, and this unfortunately has backwards
incompatible consequences for those using geckodriver with Selenium.
If you are affected by this, you must make sure to upgrade to
Selenium 3.3.

We also changed the pointer move action to support an ‘origin’ key,
which makes it possible to start a mouse move either from the
context of the viewport, the current pointer’s current position, or
from an element. This brings us much closer to full support for
action sequences.

WebDriver implementation status can be tracked on MDN, and covers both
geckodriver and the Marionette remote control protocol:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/QA/Marionette/WebDriver/status

prudvi raju

Mar 10, 2017, 1:05:40 AM3/10/17
to Selenium Users, tools-ma...@lists.mozilla.org, to...@lists.mozilla.org, selenium-...@googlegroups.com
getting the below issue while using Geckodriver 0.15.

INFO: Falling back to straight W3C remote end connection
10 Mar 2017 10:26:00 8571 [main] ERROR SeleniumWebDriver  - initialising selenium driver failed with errorUnable to create new remote session. desired capabilities = Capabilities [{marionette=true, firefoxOptions=org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxOptions@4659191b, browserName=firefox, moz:firefoxOptions=org.openqa.selenium.firefox.FirefoxOptions@4659191b, version=, platform=ANY}], required capabilities = Capabilities [{}]
Build info: version: '3.0.1', revision: '1969d75', time: '2016-10-18 09:49:13 -0700'
System info: host: 'TWVEN2-LAP-54', ip: '172.16.20.39', os.name: 'Windows 8.1', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '6.3', java.version: '1.8.0_101'
Driver info: driver.version: TestDriver

Firefox version:51
Selenium webdriver: 3.0.1

code:
pstrDriversPath: given path of geckodriver

System.setProperty("webdriver.gecko.driver", pstrDriversPath);

driver = new FirefoxDriver();

Thanks,

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝

Mar 10, 2017, 1:07:57 AM3/10/17
to Selenium Users
You are still using Selenium 3.0.1.
Please upgrade to Selenium 3.3.0 and try again (That is what is being recommended in the changes for geckodriver).

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

prudvi raju

Mar 10, 2017, 3:47:25 AM3/10/17
to Selenium Users, tools-ma...@lists.mozilla.org, to...@lists.mozilla.org, selenium-...@googlegroups.com
After updating my selenium webdriver from 3.0.1 to 3.3.0 , i am getting issues in wait(fluient wait) syntax

below is the code:

WebElement element = wait.until(new Function<WebDriver, WebElement>() {
public WebElement apply(WebDriver driver) {
WebElement element = driver.findElement(pbyLocator);
if(element.isDisplayed()){
return element;
}else{
return null;
}

Simon Stewart

Mar 10, 2017, 5:09:42 AM3/10/17
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com, tools-ma...@lists.mozilla.org, to...@lists.mozilla.org, selenium-developers
Hi all,

I just pushed Selenium 3.3.1 to maven, and the artefacts you can download from our site will be up by the end of the day. We missed the issue with unwrapping exceptions properly, and 3.3.1 fixes that. Support for the new timeouts commands will most likely land in 3.4.0, which we'll ship when it's ready --- hopefully not too long, as the way that timeouts is configured has also changed.

I'm counting on the fact that it must still be Thursday somewhere, as it's normally bad form to release on a Friday.

Cheers,

Simon

Andreas Tolfsen

Mar 16, 2017, 12:42:11 AM3/16/17
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
-tools-marionette@
-tools@
-selenium-developers@

Also sprach prudvi raju <prudv...@gmail.com>:

> getting the below issue while using Geckodriver 0.15.

Had you read my email in entirety, you would have noted that you
_must_ use Selenium 3.3 or newer with geckodriver 0.15.0 or newer:

Also sprach Andreas Tolfsen <a...@mozilla.com>:

> We added routing for the Get Timeouts command in this release, and
> made a very notable change in the way HTTP responses are encoded:
> the WebDriver standard expects responses to come wrapped in
> {value: …} objects, and this unfortunately has backwards
> incompatible consequences for those using geckodriver with
> Selenium. If you are affected by this, you must make sure to
> upgrade to Selenium 3.3.

I’m sorry about having to make this backwards-incompatible change,
but it is necessary to conform with the WebDriver standard.

pelto...@yahoo.com

Mar 16, 2017, 12:34:07 PM3/16/17

Subject: Re: [selenium-users] Re: geckodriver 0.15.0 released
To: seleniu...@googlegroups.com