Selenium returning the hidden element as visible, clickable and enabled when element is hidden & not

Nagarjuna Reddy

Jul 4, 2018, 5:07:22 PM7/4/18
to Selenium Users

I want to open the filters only if they are not already open. For that, I'm checking if "Apply Filter" button is visible/clickable.

To my surprise, I'm getting the element as visible/clickable even though it is not.

Button code mentioned below,

   <input type="hidden" id="filterType" value="">
   <button type="button" class="submit btn btn-primary btn-mini filter-focus" id="filterButton" onclick="javascript:getFilteredMedia(true);" "="">Filter</button>
   <button type="button" class="submit btn btn-danger btn-mini" id="filterButton" onclick="clearFilter();">Reset</button>

Method trying to check if the element is clickable

public boolean isClickable(WebElement el)
    {
        try{
            WebDriverWait wait = new WebDriverWait(driver, 6);
            wait.until(ExpectedConditions.elementToBeClickable(el));
            return true;
        }
        catch (Exception e){
            return false;
        }
    }

XPath of the button: xpath = "//button[@id='filterButton' and text()[contains(.,'Filter')]]

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51136790/selenium-returning-the-hidden-element-as-visible-clickable-and-enabled-when-ele/51154716#51154716

Screen Shot 2018-07-04 at 11.15.33 PM.png

Dinesh Kumar R

Jul 5, 2018, 6:54:33 AM7/5/18
to Selenium Users
Hi Nagarjuna Reddy -

If you could observe the preceding <input> tag contains type='hidden' as value. May be if you could just modified your xpath it may do.

Like xpath may be :  //input[not(contains(@type,'hidden'))]/following-sibling::button[@id='filterButton' and text()[contains(.,'Filter')]

Let me know if this had helped.

--Regards
Dinesh Kumar R
Developer in Test

senthi...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2018, 4:07:06 AM7/24/18
to Selenium Users
Hi Naga,

How to automate Google map Geo Tag?
my scenarios
Page displayed Google map with Geo Tag,I want to Select any one of the Geo Tag by using Mouse how to Automate pls hep