Selenium Grid with VNC Setup to see the browser tests through a continuous integration Environment

chanti naveen225

Apr 24, 2018, 9:52:45 AM4/24/18
to Selenium Users
Hi all,

I am using Selenium Grid 3.0 for  our Functional test cases, hard to find information whether I can setup a virtual environment to view these browser tests or not with vnc in a continuous integration process.
Following are the setup of tools that  I am using to get this done through continuous integration.

1. Eclipse
2. Cucumber+Java+Junit
3. Gradle
4. Git
4.Jenkins + Selenium Grid Plugin + xvnc Plugin
5. CentOs7+Gnome Desktop installed+vnc server
6.vnc viewer on my local to view the centos desktop screen

I am  able to execute  test cases and browser tests are also working fine locally.

what I needed?

I have to execute these test cases through a Jenkins build and view the tests are running correctly or not through vnc viewer

I believe it is possible  and hard to find info online, please help if anyone have followed something similar or let me know if any alternate to use these steps ...thanks in advance

chanti naveen225

Apr 24, 2018, 10:17:30 AM4/24/18
to Selenium Users
I got this setup to work  with continuous integration , thanks to selenium plugin ,xvnc plugin for Jenkins ..

binu ponnappan

Oct 29, 2019, 6:23:30 PM10/29/19
to Selenium Users
Could you elaborate on how this was setup?
Do you need Gnome to run the test?