Selenium hardware requirement

rakesh madari

Apr 19, 2018, 9:17:13 AM4/19/18
to Selenium Users
Could you please let me know, how much load or test cases can be run using 8GB Ram with 4CPU core and 100GB space.

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝

Apr 19, 2018, 9:23:33 AM4/19/18
to Selenium Users
Rakesh,

I dont think there are any such hard and fast stats that can be used to conclude the actual number of tests that can be run.
I guess it all depends on a lot of factors such as:
1. How long does a specific test run ?
2. How many concurrent browser instances are you spinning off (applicable only for firefox and chrome. Not sure about IE)
3. Do you run your test in the local mode (i.e., you use ChromeDriver/FirefoxDriver) (or) do you run in the remote mode (i.e., use RemoteWebDriver)

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 6:38 PM, 'rakesh madari' via Selenium Users <seleniu...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Could you please let me know, how much load or test cases can be run using 8GB Ram with 4CPU core and 100GB space.

ANoQA

Apr 21, 2018, 1:09:06 PM4/21/18
to Selenium Users
A reasonable rule of thumb is 1 thread per CPU. From there you can see if you have any other bottlenecks.